Attention anyone in the Chicago Area - B10 Kickoff Luncheon

ChicagoGopher

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 2009 Big 10 Football Kickoff Luncheon is held every year here in Chicago and this year it will be held on Tuesday, July, 28th at the Hyatt Regency. I went last year with a fellow U alum and we had a great time. Also, with Brewster and the team captains in town, the UMAA Chicago chapter normally tries to organize a reception with him at a local watering hole and gives away some Gophers gear. If there is interest, I'd be happy to try to coordinate the effort. Tix are $100 so it ain't cheap but it is a good time. The speeches from Paterno and Tiller last year were worth the price of admission! Here are the details from the B10 website.

2009 Big Ten Football Media Days and 38th annual Kickoff Luncheon
The Big Ten will hold the 2009 Football Media Days and 38th annual Kickoff Luncheon on Monday and Tuesday, July 27-28, at the Hyatt Regency Chicago, featuring all 11 head coaches and some of the conference's top returning players.

The Big Ten Kickoff Luncheon annually draws some of the most interesting and talented names in college sports. The list of former Kickoff Luncheon attendees includes coaching legends like Bo Schembechler and Woody Hayes, along with each of the Big Ten's Heisman Trophy winners in the last 37 years - Archie Griffin, Desmond Howard, Eddie George, Charles Woodson, Ron Dayne and the conference's most recent winner, Troy Smith. In all, almost 700 of the conference's finest players, more than 50 head coaches and nearly 40,000 supporters have made the Big Ten Kickoff Luncheon a yearly stop in their preseason college football schedules.

Link to registration form: http://www.bigten.org/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/big10/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2009-kol-ticket-form

The reception in Chicago after Brew was first hired was a great event. I was lucky enough to win a Jack Simmons game worn jersey that Brew autographed so as you can see they typically do offer some great prizes. Brew also made his way around the event and talked personally to everyone there.

If something like that is arranged again, I would strongly encourage all Chicagoland Gopher fans to attend as it was really well done.

Top Bottom