Athlon: One and Done?

MillionMoves

Reaction score
Athlon Sports, who puts out a fantastic college basketball annual, says some nice things about the Gophers, but are only predicting a 6th place finish in the conference and a one-and-done finish in the NCAA Tournament.

They list Al Nolen as Most Underrated (in Big Ten) and Royce White as Newcomer of the Year (again in Big Ten).

Athlon Sports, who puts out a fantastic college basketball annual, says some nice things about the Gophers, but are only predicting a 6th place finish in the conference and a one-and-done finish in the NCAA Tournament.

They list Al Nolen as Most Underrated (in Big Ten) and Royce White as Newcomer of the Year (again in Big Ten).

I didn't read the article, but somebody has to finish 6th. The difference between third and seventh might be as little as an injury or one player improving more than anticipated over the summer.

I'd like to think we'll play 2 games in the tourney, but I'm an optimist and a gopher fan. Lots of unknowns, and I think a guess of one and done isn't at all outrageous.

OTOH, if they're right about Nolen sand he shows he has been most underrated, and Royce turns out to be newcomer of the year, then I'd guess we'll do better than sixth. So maybe they're playing both sides to be safe.

Top Bottom