Athlon has Gophers as #62 nationally; says "team built for 2015"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
"62. Minnesota
The enduring image of Jerry Kill’s first season at Minnesota is of him rolling on the ground during a game, in the throes of an epileptic seizure. It was a frightening episode, but Kill is tough and adaptable. “We’ve put that in the past,” Kill says. “I’m doing what I have to do to get healthy.” Not a bad way to describe his program. The Gophers aren’t healthy yet, not even close. Kill spent his first season installing his system and changing the culture, but boosting the talent level takes far longer. The Gophers have barely a dozen scholarship seniors, and virtually no meaningful experience at playmaking positions. This is a team built for 2015, so the benchmarks this fall are modest: Win their “guarantee” games for a change, shock an occasional Big Ten opponent and perhaps sneak into a bowl game."

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/college-football-preseason-2012-rankings-no-61-80

Go Gophers!!

"This is a team built for 2015."
Does this mean that they think that we will be really good in 2015? My hope is that we are pretty good long before then. Still predicting success 4 seasons ahead cannot be reliable for a team like the Gophers. I hope that it is correct, but even sooner than predicted. Go Gophers!

IMO they need to find a way to do it sooner than that, as the schedule gets very tough in 2015.

Top Bottom