Athan Kaliakmanis

this gets back to one of my pet peeves. when these kids sign as recruits, all we hear is how great they are and how much potential they have. Then, a year or two later, the narrative suddenly changes to "they're not ready to play yet."

I know that you don't see a lot of true FR or RS FR starting QB's in college - but it does happen.

And that is the level of recruiting that MN will need to approach if they really want to move up and challenge teams at the top of the conference.

I know that you don't see a lot of true FR or RS FR starting QB's in college - but it does happen.
Yes ... I seem to recall one in particular as being the first true freshman starting QB for a P5 team (or something like that) ..... ;)

this gets back to one of my pet peeves. when these kids sign as recruits, all we hear is how great they are and how much potential they have. Then, a year or two later, the narrative suddenly changes to "they're not ready to play yet."

And that is the level of recruiting that MN will need to approach if they really want to move up and challenge teams at the top of the conference.
What this shows you is they are not that great at picking talent. If all these coaches had recruiting all figured out, you would not see 4 and 5 star players transferring every year or not starting. The coaches that have a knack for identify talent and maximizing the talent they move up the ladder and get boosts in their salaries.

Last edited:

My biggest pet peeve recently is reading the Kramer bobo's asking how we know he isn't the #2 already.

If Kramer is the #2 QB at this point, and we have any plans to actually throw the ball more than 3 times a game, we REALLY REALLY REALLY missed badly on ZA, JC, and AK. I don't care if they are Freshman, Seniors, or a Junior in HS. If Kramer short throwing to our TE's is the new measure of a #1 QB for Minnesota, PJ received his last extension here.

The idea freshman can't play college football is outdated. I can't understand they aren't ready compared to other QB's on staff, but if Connor Rhoda was ready, then all of these guys should be as well.

It feels a bit to me like Fleck chose his QB1 for the entirety midseason 2018 and it was permanently set in 2019. Other programs might not be as much into their QB being a game manager as Fleck is. Lots of variables.

I don't see Fleck giving the keys to a true freshman unless he has no other choice.

Top Bottom