At what point, if any, will the Vikings...

MennoSota

Reaction score
fans recognize that the Gophers have a better record and a better team? [emoji41]

Next Saturday night, around 10 pm after the victory over the Cornshuckers.

They're sinking faster than the Titanic, but the " Little Darlings'" can do no wrong with the moronic fan base.

Next Saturday night, around 10 pm after the victory over the Cornshuckers.

I am a season ticket holder for both and have been for years. You do not have to take one over the other and I always want both to be winners. Sadly, they both let us down on a regular basis. I told fans today I would have taken Carpenter kicking today. Go Gophers and Vikes !

I honestly couldn't care less about the Vikings or the NFL. I don't want Viking fans to become Gopher Fans. I want more U of M students to become Gopher Fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's no contest on offensive side of the ball. The crazy thing is these teams mirror each other very much.

As a fan of both teams it's crazy how many Minnesotans love the Vikings, but will bash the Gophers in the same manner the Vikings should be bashed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's no contest on offensive side of the ball. The crazy thing is these teams mirror each other very much.

As a fan of both teams it's crazy how many Minnesotans love the Vikings, but will bash the Gophers in the same manner the Vikings should be bashed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man, I've been seeing people on FB, Reddit, Vikings Message Board, etc. bashing the CRAP out of the Vikings the last two weeks. Worse than anything you see here.

I am a season ticket holder for both and have been for years. You do not have to take one over the other and I always want both to be winners. Sadly, they both let us down on a regular basis. I told fans today I would have taken Carpenter kicking today. Go Gophers and Vikes !

I think Carpenter and Pirsig when healthy would both be upgrades for the Vikings now.

They're sinking faster than the Titanic, but the " Little Darlings'" can do no wrong with the moronic fan base.

You do realize there are many Gopher fans that are also Vikings fans, right? So you're essentially calling many of your fellow Gopher fans morons.

NFL and College are different games. I like the Vikings, I just enjoy college football more and focus on the Gophers.

You do realize there are many Gopher fans that are also Vikings fans, right? So you're essentially calling many of your fellow Gopher fans morons.

I know GII, so they get a raincheck because their sensibility comes back during the Gopher games. Still, I don't think the number is as high as you think in regards to attending both games.
The Viking crowd has a much younger fan base if you don't factor in the students. Also a much more rowdy crowd. They're there to get cocked to the gils. My son got some tickets through work, and he said:" Dad you can't believe how different the crowd is , they get pretty tanked"

I don't think they care.

Many Vikings fans are just Vikings fans.

I don't know about better team, but the Gophers definitely have a better kicker!

Why is the perception different? Part of it is how the NFL is structured vs. CFB.

NFL - Main Goal is the Super Bowl - 12/32 teams (37.5%) make the playoffs and have a chance at the ultimate prize, the Super Bowl. In most seasons 5 or 6 losses are not enough to cost you a chance at that prize.

CFB - Main Goal is the National Championship, for the Gophers we would be thrilled with the BT Title, and even the BT West Title. Two losses for sure knock you out of the NC picture, and three or more generally mean no chance for the other two either, and sometimes it is even two or more, like what is happening in the BT East this year.

The NFL gives you a much higher margin for error and keeps the average fan interested in the season and team longer. Because your team still has a chance for the SB with more losses, it subtly reinforces the perception of that team being a good team.

Why is the perception different? Part of it is how the NFL is structured vs. CFB.

NFL - Main Goal is the Super Bowl - 12/32 teams (37.5%) make the playoffs and have a chance at the ultimate prize, the Super Bowl. In most seasons 5 or 6 losses are not enough to cost you a chance at that prize.

CFB - Main Goal is the National Championship, for the Gophers we would be thrilled with the BT Title, and even the BT West Title. Two losses for sure knock you out of the NC picture, and three or more generally mean no chance for the other two either, and sometimes it is even two or more, like what is happening in the BT East this year.

The NFL gives you a much higher margin for error and keeps the average fan interested in the season and team longer. Because your team still has a chance for the SB with more losses, it subtly reinforces the perception of that team being a good team.

This! Plus the NFL prizes parity and has rules in place to help not so good teams get better such as draft position, etc... Keeps interest high.

Top Bottom