Assistant coaching?

EaganGopher22

Reaction score
Is it time for Whalen to sit down with PJ and Coyle, maybe Reeves, to discuss how she can improve the game management, etc.? Perhaps like PJ did to change coordinators, maybe change the supporting staff? Whalen appears very capable of recruiting. But, she still is a young head coach. Maybe adding an up and coming assistant which she could lose in a year or two?

Unfortunately, I don't think this is an assistant issue. I think Lindsey is out of her element. It's clear she can't execute a successful coaching strategy. I honestly hope that I am wrong, but season after season, it pretty much stays the same. No good.

Is it time for Whalen to sit down with PJ and Coyle, maybe Reeves, to discuss how she can improve the game management, etc.? Perhaps like PJ did to change coordinators, maybe change the supporting staff? Whalen appears very capable of recruiting. But, she still is a young head coach. Maybe adding an up and coming assistant which she could lose in a year or two?
She hired an up and comer, an experienced D1 coach, and a former DIII HC as assistants. That may be part of the issue, but it’s roster construction imo. Building a roster that can do what you want on the court and is cohesive is really hard to do.

Part of my thought process was around developing/recruiting post players.

First step: they need somebody who can install a defensive system. Then they can move to the rest of a very long list.

Top Bottom