Assignment/Challenge for your Wednesday

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Reach out to someone today that you care about and let them know how you feel.

Maybe it's someone that you haven't seen or talked to in quite a long time; an old college friend, a mentor, a relative, or maybe it's someone that you see almost every day but it's been a while since you let them know how you feel. I don't care who you are, for someone out there, it will make their day to hear from you. You have no idea. Selfishly, for me, some of what's prompting this is that this happens to be a shitty time of year I'm remembering a way way-to-soon loss so I'm feeling nostalgic and sentimental. Guilty as charged

Some will dismiss this immediately, some will take it to heart, I'm okay either way. But I'm laying it down, pick up the phone and reach out to someone you care about or that's important to you. If you want to check back in here with something as simple as "Done!", or keep it to yourself, fine by me.

Don't f'k around, do it!

Done...kind of. Just made plans to do something after work today for someone who just had a major medical procedure.

It's funny you should post on this topic today Ogee. My wife's 50th birthday is approaching and as a small part of the celebration, I purchased a Kudoboard for family and friends to send messages (side note-I love Kudoboard, easy to use, reasonably priced and a very nice way to put smiles on faces).

Anyhow, I went through the list of her/our family members and friends and did a basic Messenger blast asking for people to add. The messages have been flowing in, with photos attached from long ago celebrations, vacations, dinners, etc. It's been really heart warming to see the messages coming in, and I think it's moved to the top of my list of what I'm looking forward to most on her big day.

On a similar note, I came across this brief article awhile back and it's a project I'm aiming for (I've got about a year and a half). I've begun compiling the list of people in my head who would receive the letter and just that process has been enlightening and positive. As the article states, sending gratitude is as good for your soul as it is the person who receives it.

It's funny you should post on this topic today Ogee. My wife's 50th birthday is approaching and as a small part of the celebration, I purchased a Kudoboard for family and friends to send messages (side note-I love Kudoboard, easy to use, reasonably priced and a very nice way to put smiles on faces).

Anyhow, I went through the list of her/our family members and friends and did a basic Messenger blast asking for people to add. The messages have been flowing in, with photos attached from long ago celebrations, vacations, dinners, etc. It's been really heart warming to see the messages coming in, and I think it's moved to the top of my list of what I'm looking forward to most on her big day.

On a similar note, I came across this brief article awhile back and it's a project I'm aiming for (I've got about a year and a half). I've begun compiling the list of people in my head who would receive the letter and just that process has been enlightening and positive. As the article states, sending gratitude is as good for your soul as it is the person who receives it.
Getting old sucks, but I've certainly learned the importance of people close to you as a few years have passed. Good for you, cool; that has to feel good I imagine.

Well done!

Top Bottom