As Florida shatters its record for new coronavirus cases, Democrats ask, 'Where is Ron DeSantis?'

Go4Broke

Reaction score

COVID-19 Data Misrepresented by Florida Governor

The South Florida Sun Sentinel reported that the Florida Department of Health had commenced an inquiry into the states reporting of COVID-19 deaths, after Governor Ron DeSantis suggested that the official reports overstate the number of deaths. According to the report, Governor DeSantis and members of his staff repeatedly questioned the accuracy of the COVID-19 death rates, with his press secretary Fred Piccolo Jr. tweeting: "we can tell you definitively that Florida is counting deaths that were not directly caused by COVID-19. Mr. Piccolo has also sought to downplay the COVID-19 pandemic in other ways. On one occasion, he erroneously tweeted: we had one COVID death in Florida yesterday . . yes you read that right. One. In fact, on the day in question, there were 47 deaths.

Data from the Centers for Disease Control and other independent public health experts suggest that Floridas total death toll from the pandemic is actually understated. Experts noted that Governor DeSantis administration has used a COVID-19 infection rate that gives more weight to negative test results, and thus skews the results. Governor DeSantis has used the skewed rate to justify reopening schools and businesses. In response to criticism, Mr. Piccolo denied that Governor was attempting to question the official death toll, stating [n]o one in the administration is trying to cast doubt on the number of COVID deaths, we are trying to get to the facts.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

The South Florida Sun Sentinel reported that the Florida Department of Health had commenced an inquiry into the states reporting of COVID-19 deaths, after Governor Ron DeSantis suggested that the official reports overstate the number of deaths. According to the report, Governor DeSantis and members of his staff repeatedly questioned the accuracy of the COVID-19 death rates, with his press secretary Fred Piccolo Jr. tweeting: "we can tell you definitively that Florida is counting deaths that were not directly caused by COVID-19. Mr. Piccolo has also sought to downplay the COVID-19 pandemic in other ways. On one occasion, he erroneously tweeted: we had one COVID death in Florida yesterday . . yes you read that right. One. In fact, on the day in question, there were 47 deaths.

Data from the Centers for Disease Control and other independent public health experts suggest that Floridas total death toll from the pandemic is actually understated. Experts noted that Governor DeSantis administration has used a COVID-19 infection rate that gives more weight to negative test results, and thus skews the results. Governor DeSantis has used the skewed rate to justify reopening schools and businesses. In response to criticism, Mr. Piccolo denied that Governor was attempting to question the official death toll, stating [n]o one in the administration is trying to cast doubt on the number of COVID deaths, we are trying to get to the facts.

He will underreport the number of deaths and then blame states of overrepoporting them; accuse others of your malfeasance- oldest truck in the book.
I wonder if that is a crime to knowingly report incorrect data

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
He will underreport the number of deaths and then blame states of overrepoporting them; accuse others of your malfeasance- oldest truck in the book.
I wonder if that is a crime to knowingly report incorrect data
Just out of curiosity, for the sake of objectivity, is it your contention that there has only been significant manipulation of data for political purposes by ONE side? Simple question....

howeda7

Reaction score

1 death in 2 weeks? Lyin' Ron DeSantis.

Spoofin

Reaction score
1 death in 2 weeks? Lyin' Ron DeSantis.
Well, someones lyin. This time you and Broke (shocking). NYT shows they reported 90 on 12/30 仄儭. But sure, Ron DeSantis is preventing people from reporting data. Maybe this is your HHS prediction coming true? #Sheep

golf

Reaction score
Around December 12, Florida case numbers started rising while death numbers started going down.

In dealing with omnicron, South Africa and England reported case numbers rising and death numbers staying the same.

Florida's numbers will be adjusted. If the South Africa and England examples hold, Florida will be around 20 deaths with 7 day rolling avg. Of course there are other variables that will influence this. We will see.

Angry

Reaction score
LOL. I remember when you Libs made a big deal about Ted Cruz leaving TX.
The catalyst for this was the Texas power grid relying too much on wind and solar.

Wally

Reaction score
And your bartender AOC goes to Florida for vacation. Cant make it up
Just trollin for some OTB 儭丑 and damn if I didnt catch me one. Snuggles

The idiots take this really serious....you can't make it up.不不不

Covid is over for me. I am vaxed and boosted, my kids are vaxed, all with minimal side effects. All that's left is laughing at idiot antivaxxers choking.

Gold Vision

Reaction score
Around December 12, Florida case numbers started rising while death numbers started going down.

In dealing with omnicron, South Africa and England reported case numbers rising and death numbers staying the same.

Florida's numbers will be adjusted. If the South Africa and England examples hold, Florida will be around 20 deaths with 7 day rolling avg. Of course there are other variables that will influence this. We will see.
Florida DOH publishes data once a week. Todays numbers show 32 total deaths reported from Dec 24-30.
8D9FE69D-6FC1-4EB9-B7A2-6E1E0F59E2C5.png

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
The idiots take this really serious....you can't make it up.不不不

Covid is over for me. I am vaxed and boosted, my kids are vaxed, all with minimal side effects. All that's left is laughing at idiot antivaxxers choking.
Funny how their panties get in a bunch so easily. I have people use obscene ties at me and I just shrug it off - I come on here for the first time in his knows how long for a day or mirth and merriment and the 儭丑必

KGF

Reaction score

This is from the bogus, already debunked accusations from 2020.
不不不不不不不

But you use an up to date tweet to make it look new.

What a fucking moron you are.

Hey idiot, use per capita data and youll see that New York and New Jersey are even worse and run by DemAOCrat governors. Illinois and Massachusetts are just as bad.

Thats where all the cases are coming from. I know. I got my Covid in Illinois and traveled to Florida. So much for indoor masking mandates like in Illinois.

KGF

Reaction score
This is why cases are important again圯xcept in DemAOCrat states:

8C24D72C-A508-490D-95F1-E23E997A0EFC.jpeg
When Floridas death rate is one of the very best in the country, cases are important. The bouncing back and forth between the importance of cases and deaths must be dizzying for DemAOCrats.

Gold Vision

Reaction score
This is from the bogus, already debunked accusations from 2020.
不不不不不不不

But you use an up to date tweet to make it look new.

What a fucking moron you are.

Hey idiot, use per capita data and youll see that New York and New Jersey are even worse and run by DemAOCrat governors. Illinois and Massachusetts are just as bad.

Thats where all the cases are coming from. I know. I got my Covid in Illinois and traveled to Florida. So much for indoor masking mandates like in Illinois.
50706674-CE58-415A-9899-C414AEAEE227.jpeg

KGF

Reaction score
Oh, I see. lets talk about the past.

Im using the Johns Hopkins site that JTF used to use before he decided he didnt want to talk about it anymore.

I just ran the numbers and posted them on #52. Normalized for population.

Btw, you do know that Florida has the most elderly per capita in the US. Probably Ron DeSantis fault.

But thanks for pointing out that New York and New Jersey were worse and and Massachusetts was equal, all led by DemAOCrats. And let me tell you, I live in Illinois. Its no picnic here. And Chicago is run by a crap mayor and the teachers union. Vax and mask mandates. Ridiculous loss of freedom.

Last edited:

KGF

Reaction score
Btw, Biden has more Covid deaths under his watch than Trump, and with vaccines.

So is it the states that are the problem or the federal government? Im confused by Bidens flip-flop on this. I was sure he said he was going to shut down the virus. Now he says its states.

Cases or deaths? States or fed?

Dizzying.

Pick an answer and stick with it.

Gold Vision

Reaction score
Btw, Biden has more Covid deaths under his watch than Trump, and with vaccines.

So is it the states that are the problem or the federal government? Im confused by Bidens flip-flop on this. I was sure he said he was going to shut down the virus. Now he says its states.

Cases or deaths? States or fed?

Dizzying.

Pick an answer and stick with it.
My point is looking at any 30 days of data in a vacuum is dumb. The virus is seasonal and cyclical.

Covid shouldnt be politicized. Surgical lockdowns dont work and do more harm than good.

Get your vaccines, stay home if able when youre sick, and move on with life.

KGF

Reaction score
This is how Joe Biden shuts down the virus
B5AD9E5A-D32A-40FE-AAEA-BE2BD950211B.jpeg
So are cases important or not?

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
My point is looking at any 30 days of data in a vacuum is dumb. The virus is seasonal and cyclical.

Covid shouldnt be politicized. Surgical lockdowns dont work and do more harm than good.

I agree. Except I guess in some states masks still required and some not.... because.... well, Science I guess

KGF

Reaction score

I agree with all of the above.

But several months ago, 30 days of data is all the Ds and media wanted to talk about in Florida. 30 days of Cases is all they want to talk about in Florida now. Except Broke, who wants to use selective data and dated articles to mislead people about deaths and whats going on in Florida right now.

howie fell for it. What a surprise.

I agree, using seasonal statistics from different regions at different times is very misleading and I wish jackwads like Broke would stop doing it.

Gold Vision

Reaction score
I agree. Except I guess in some states masks still required and some not.... because.... well, Science I guess
Im glad the statewide mask mandate is over here. However, if I walk into a store or facility, all the employees are wearing masks, and theyve asked patrons to wear the mask, I have no issue doing it.

Top Bottom