Article on Iowa: "once promising season now tilts at the precipice of major collapse"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Article on Iowa: "once promising season now tilts at the precipice of major collapse"

per The Gazette:

Another loss and another quest for answers.

No. 8 Iowa dropped its third straight game, this time 68-64 at Ohio State on Sunday. It’s the Hawkeyes’ (20-8, 11-5 Big Ten) fourth loss in their last five games, and a once promising season now tilts at the precipice of a major collapse.

Coaches and players were at a loss for words in the wake of this defeat, one that Iowa led by six points with less than four minutes to play.

“I don’t know what happened,” Iowa senior forward Jarrod Uthoff said. “Defensive lapses, offensively lapses. What can you say?”

“Everything went wrong,” Iowa Coach Fran McCaffery said. “We didn’t execute, we didn’t defend, we didn’t rebound.”

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/ohio-state-rallies-past-iowa-20160228

Go Gophers!!

My theory is the weight of playing for a guy who may lose his s*** at any moment and decapitate you just wears you down over the course of the year.

I'd take "major collapse" if it meant a 20-8 record.

per The Gazette: “I don’t know what happened,” Iowa senior forward Jarrod Uthoff said. “Defensive lapses, offensively lapses. What can you say?”

Lapses in grammar.

Hawkeyes definitely look like they're not having any fun. Right about now is exactly when any team -- especially one that's headed for the NCAA Tournament -- should be perking up with the fun stuff right around the corner.

From what I saw Gesell was about the only guy who showed up to compete from start to finish last night. Uthoff and Woodbury just look plain tired. Perhaps the Hawkeyes' thin bench is starting to catch up to them?

From what I saw Gesell was about the only guy who showed up to compete from start to finish last night. Uthoff and Woodbury just look plain tired. Perhaps the Hawkeyes' thin bench is starting to catch up to them?

I think this is dead on. Woodbury looked absolutely gassed at the end of both the OSU and Wisconsin games. They also had a full week off before Wisconsin so you'd think he would have been fresh. If he goes more than 30 minutes his defense really slips at the end of games.

I think this is dead on. Woodbury looked absolutely gassed at the end of both the OSU and Wisconsin games. They also had a full week off before Wisconsin so you'd think he would have been fresh. If he goes more than 30 minutes his defense really slips at the end of games.

He was so tired he couldn't lift his arms high enough to poke his man in the eyes.

My theory is the weight of playing for a guy who may lose his s*** at any moment and decapitate you just wears you down over the course of the year.

Yeah, it's officially a trend for Angry Fran's teams. At least this time they won't collapse all the way to the play-in game.

Oh, to simply be tilting at the edge of a precipice...what we wouldn't give...

Top Bottom