Article on ESPN

bassy123

Reaction score
ESPN's article about kansas changing their fight song says the Kansas vs Nebraska game is the longest continuous rivalry in college football.

I thought Minnesota-Wisconsin held that distinction?

MN WI is the oldest rivalry in college sports, but we took a break from playing each other, i think during WWI or WWII, I'm not sure, someone please correct me.

Kansas Nebraska may lay claim for the continuous part.

There is a chance. I can't remember what year it was, but I think it was either right before or right after WWI when the president decided there needed to be a cooling off year for college football rivalries. Apparently there were deaths or severe injuries that prompted the year off.

Correction MN/WI rivalry is the longest Div 1 rivalry

MN/WI is the most played major college football rivalry. We have played every season since 1890 except for 1906 when Teddy Roosevelt canceled the game (along with many others). Nebraska/Kansas is the currently longest continuous rivalry, because they have played every year starting in 1906, one year longer than our continuous streak against Wisconsin. In a couple of years, when Nebraska doesn't play Kansas, MN/WI will also be the longest continuous rivalry.

ESPN's article about kansas changing their fight song says the Kansas vs Nebraska game is the longest continuous rivalry in college football.

I thought Minnesota-Wisconsin held that distinction?

The correct answer is "none of the above". Lehigh-Lafayette holds the distinction, having played each other every year since 1897.

The above poster is correct in that KU-Nebraska is the longest uninterrupted in Division I, taking place every year since 1906.

The correct answer is "none of the above". Lehigh-Lafayette holds the distinction, having played each other every year since 1897.

The above poster is correct in that KU-Nebraska is the longest uninterrupted in Division I, taking place every year since 1906.

That's why I said "major college football". If you include lower divisions, we also lose the "most played" designation.

That's why I said "major college football". If you include lower divisions, we also lose the "most played" designation.

I know. Note how I did not quote you. Further, I already said you were correct.

I know. Note how I did not quote you. Further, I already said you were correct.

Just curious...who's right more often, you or Rush Limbaugh? I think he's at like 98.2%. How about you?

Top Bottom