Article on Brewster's use of Twitter

Just watch, that'll be the next thing to go on the NCAA's chopping block. I wonder if the banning of facebook groups opened the floodgates...

Just watch, that'll be the next thing to go on the NCAA's chopping block. I wonder if the banning of facebook groups opened the floodgates...

Honestly, unless the NCAA gets dumber (and there is no doubt they have the ability) there is no reason to crack down on Twitter, even by their own asinine rules. The NCAA's concern with things like texting, Facebook, etc. is that it is an electronic intrusion on the recruits. Twitter isn't directed at any specific prospect...its out there for anyone to see.

Honestly, unless the NCAA gets dumber (and there is no doubt they have the ability) there is no reason to crack down on Twitter, even by their own asinine rules. The NCAA's concern with things like texting, Facebook, etc. is that it is an electronic intrusion on the recruits. Twitter isn't directed at any specific prospect...its out there for anyone to see.

Still, a clever person could find a case against it. I don't want it to happen, I really like his Twitter page. Perhaps I'm just fuming a bit over the facebook group thing.

Still, a clever person could find a case against it. I don't want it to happen, I really like his Twitter page. Perhaps I'm just fuming a bit over the facebook group thing.

Replace clever with "idiot with thumb up butt" and I think you'll be closer to what the NCAA brings to the table. "Lever pulling monkeys" would also be an acceptable description.

Top Bottom