Arland Bruce having another good CFL year

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
Reaction score
"That can also be said for Hamilton slotback Arland Bruce III. Bruce posted a career-high 16 receptions for 272 yards and scored two touchdowns. Bruce now shares the CFL record for receptions in a game with Terry Greer, Brian Wiggins and Derrell Mitchell.

Bruce's previous career-high was 10 receptions for 171 yards on Nov. 3, 2007, as a member of the visiting Toronto Argonauts against the host Roughriders. He also scored a touchdown in Toronto's 41-13 victory."

--from today's Saskatoon StarPhoenix

The former Gopher is in his 10th CFL season and has 548 receptions for 8,420 yards and 71 TDs.

Arland had only 24 receptions for 284 yards and 2 TD's in his two season college career at the U of M and played on the 1998 and 1999 teams. His greatest Gopher fame was catching the miracle 4th down tipped pass from Billy Cockerham at Penn State.

On September 4, 2006, Arland was on the receiving end when Damon Allen (Marcus' little brother) broke Warren Moon's record (70,553 yards) to become professional football's all-time passing leader. FYI, Allen finished with 72,381.

Yeah, it's the CFL, but those are not bad numbers, and he's a former Gopher.

I always thought that Arland was a good fit for the Canadian game. It was just a feeling I got when I watched a couple of CFL games while AB was still playng. It was probably all the motion in their game.

I always thought that Arland was a good fit for the Canadian game. It was just a feeling I got when I watched a couple of CFL games while AB was still playng. It was probably all the motion in their game.

Another great athlete that we couldn't seem to utilize fully as a Gopher. Glad he's doing well in the CFL.

I agree, he always seemed at his best with motion and misdirection plays, not exactly Mason's game.

Top Bottom