Are we an underdog or favorite?

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
I think you can throw the records out a bit. If you can categorize games into "quality losses" ... we don't have any. However, Purdue could have easily beaten Notre Dame and Ohio State. I've seen some writers saying the Gophs should be favored to win this game. I certainly hope they are right in their predictions but if Purdue brings it like they did against ND or Ohio State we are in trouble again.

Only 3 point underdogs? That is not too bad. In all honesty, I'm not sure what vegas sees that I don't. I guess we have been pretty solid playing in the bank this year. 4-1 record with one seven-point loss to a good Northwestern team in a game riddled with (gopher) errors.

Purdue should be the favorite - they lost to two top ten teams but were in the games, in fact, outplayed Ohio State for 59 minutes and knocked out Braxton Miller. They are further along in their program with Hope than we are with Kill. They should win by 10 or more - the home field notwithstanding. In other words, we have to upset them!

Top Bottom