Are Tickets To The Iowa Game This Flipping Out Of Control?

Theyre still taxing on stub hub hoping those cousin *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ers will pay those prices.

People are stupid. Many Gopher fans are filled with panic that they aren't going to be able to give them away, so they're taking anything. If you've already paid for your tickets, is it really worth your trouble to meet some hayseed and give him your four tickets for $80?

Maybe it's just me, but that seems like a pretty fair price. What is face value there?

Call me disloyal, but I picked up an extra student ticket and sold my season tickets for $125 a pop early on. I'm glad I did at this point. I guess I'd rather be surrounded by drunken students (from which I'm not far removed...and still have an ID) than drunken hillbillies trying to buttf*ck me.

1. Thanksgiving Weekend
2. A bad team
3. High School Football tournament

Iowa fans will probably outnumber MN fans.....could be a really embarassing scene.

Iowa fans will probably outnumber MN fans.....could be a really embarassing scene.

They cannot embarrass us, we can only choose to feel embarrassment. I'll be at the game, in 214, cheering the team on, come hell or high water. I'll realize that better days are on the horizon, and also realize that no matter what this season brings, Iowa has had over 120 years to win even 1 National Championship, but have failed to do so.

I'll be proud of what we are today, not embarrassed for what we are not on that day.

1. Thanksgiving Weekend
2. A bad team
3. High School Football tournament

Im going and am gonna wear my Nebraska garb, it'll be interesting to see if the MN fans or the Iowa fans give me more crap. I'd bet money on the Iowa fans...

I have no respect for any Gopher fan selling a ticket a pigeye fan despite our team being bad.

Im going and am gonna wear my Nebraska garb, it'll be interesting to see if the MN fans or the Iowa fans give me more crap. I'd bet money on the Iowa fans...

What a shock...you'll be alone on Thanksgiving weekend. Well, at least you'll still have your blow up doll, or blow up deer to keep you company.

The sad thing is, that if I were to be holding Thanksgiving at my house, I would have invited you over so you wouldn't have to order out.

I can't see why anyone would give you crap for wearing Nebraska clothes. People might look at you like "... does he realize Nebraska isn't playing?" It's sort of like people who wear their Vikings sweater to a Gophers game. You get the feeling they had this vague idea that it's a sports event, and you should wear sports clothes to a sports event, but haven't quite got all the details down.

Full disclosure, I went to a Vikings preseason game and wore a Gopher T-shirt. It just happened to be the shirt I was wearing that day, and the tickets were free.

I can't see why anyone would give you crap for wearing Nebraska clothes. People might look at you like "... does he realize Nebraska isn't playing?" It's sort of like people who wear their Vikings sweater to a Gophers game. You get the feeling they had this vague idea that it's a sports event, and you should wear sports clothes to a sports event, but haven't quite got all the details down.

Or like all the idiots who wore their old "Moss 84" jerseys to the Twins-Yankees playoff game the day it was announced Moss was traded to the Vikings. There appeared to be hundreds of them on TV. Hope those people are enjoying the NFL season.

Gopherbadger fan is wearing Nebraska gear. OK? maybe you need to be Gopherbadgerhuskerman?

If you truly have guts, wear your Badger gear and take it from both sides.

I have no respect for any Gopher fan selling a ticket a pigeye fan despite our team being bad.

This. Any Gopher Season Ticket holders who sells their tickets to an Iowa fan rather then just keeping them only proves three things:

- They are not a Gopher fan, good, pure, true, lackluster whatever, they're not a fan.
- They don't remember what it was like in the Dome with the drunken Iowa louts, and those guys will still be drunk at TCF.
- They only prove what most people already suspect, not only is the fan base front runners of the highest sort but we're the cheapest SOBs in the country.

Schnoodler gets hammered for supporting a Gopher Coach way beyond his "expire date" and weasels who give their TCF tickets to Iowa fans get a pass because "it could be cold". "it's Thanksgiving" or the team sucks.

NONE of those excuse them of just eating one game's worth of a seven game Season Ticket.

None of it.

This. Any Gopher Season Ticket holders who sells their tickets to an Iowa fan rather then just keeping them only proves three things:

- They are not a Gopher fan, good, pure, true, lackluster whatever, they're not a fan.
- They don't remember what it was like in the Dome with the drunken Iowa louts, and those guys will still be drunk at TCF.
- They only prove what most people already suspect, not only is the fan base front runners of the highest sort but we're the cheapest SOBs in the country.

Schnoodler gets hammered for supporting a Gopher Coach way beyond his "expire date" and weasels who give their TCF tickets to Iowa fans get a pass because "it could be cold". "it's Thanksgiving" or the team sucks.

NONE of those excuse them of just eating one game's worth of a seven game Season Ticket.

None of it.

Haha, you are taking this a bit to seriously. Your second point is my exact reason for being on the fence about going. I was in the dome 3 years ago, and it's the only game I have ever left early, the Iowa fans were beyond obnoxious (The 55-0 Drubbing may also have been a factor).

I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm leaning towards selling. $200 for two meaningless football tickets buys 6 extra tickets to Gopher Hoops games for me and friends.

what's the deal with purchasing student tickets? i was always under the assumption that you needed a student ID to use them, and pushing 30, I obviously don't fall in that group.

You'd think these idiots trying to sell their tickets to Iowa fans would realize they could make exponentially more if they wait. If the Rose Bowl and Conference Championship is on the line for Iowa, tickets will be going for $150+ easy.

Personally, i wouldn't sell tickets to an Iowa fan for any amount.

Haha, you are taking this a bit to seriously. Your second point is my exact reason for being on the fence about going. I was in the dome 3 years ago, and it's the only game I have ever left early, the Iowa fans were beyond obnoxious (The 55-0 Drubbing may also have been a factor).

I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm leaning towards selling. $200 for two meaningless football tickets buys 6 extra tickets to Gopher Hoops games for me and friends.

Sell them to Gopher fans or people that want to see TCF, just not to any Iowa fans or just don't go and eat them.

$200 is pretty cheap to sell your soul.

I was going to give mine to a guy I know at work who is an Iowa fan, but I've decided I'd rather sit on them as a protest.

Although if he offers me anything above $50, I'd take it...

Sell them to Gopher fans or people that want to see TCF, just not to any Iowa fans or just don't go and eat them.

$200 is pretty cheap to sell your soul.

I have 2 seats next to my Gopher friend who also has two. I am technically selling them to him if that makes you feel better. His family is from Iowa, so he will be bringing them, at least I know they are respectable suckeyes! Do I get points for that?

I have 2 seats next to my Gopher friend who also has two. I am technically selling them to him if that makes you feel better. His family is from Iowa, so he will be bringing them, at least I know they are respectable suckeyes! Do I get points for that?

Only if they don't wear any Iowa gear G.V. and that is still of little consolation.

There is no respectable pigeye fan.

iowa_girls_06.jpg

They cannot embarrass us, we can only choose to feel embarrassment. I'll be at the game, in 214, cheering the team on, come hell or high water. I'll realize that better days are on the horizon, and also realize that no matter what this season brings, Iowa has had over 120 years to win even 1 National Championship, but have failed to do so.

I'll be proud of what we are today, not embarrassed for what we are not on that day.

Ditto for me, except I will be in 105.

Top Bottom