Are there any plays they run for Hoffarber?

WAGopher

Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find it:

In the last 2 games, it seemed there were times that running screens for Hoffarber would help him get off some 3 pointers that could have given us the W. I'd think that as hot as he has been, Tubby would find ways to get him the ball.

Yes.

It goes like this.

Blake sets a pick for someone then slides to an open spot and the ball handler passes the ball to a Gopher on the other wing.

It works all the time.

:)

It goes like this.

Blake sets a pick for someone then slides to an open spot and the ball handler passes the ball to a Gopher on the other wing.

It works all the time.

:)

Sounds good. Maybe they could try not keeping it secret next time. :D

They need to use Hoffarber like Izzo did with Drew Neitzel a couple years back. They would run him off two or three ball screens in an effort to get him open for 3.

But this was more than just running ball screens for Neitzel. Since the defense can see the screens coming and would often try to cheat and go over the top of the screens to defend the three against Neitzle, Izzo used that against the D.

The screen setters would cut inside to the basket as soon as they set the screen. Then the PG had a two-way-go: Either pass to Neitzel coming off the screens, or slide it inside to the big men if they were open if the defense overplayed.

If the trailer was a touch late but close enough to Neitzel that he couldn't get the shot off, Drew would continue with the ball toward the top of the circle looking for a big man down low or the PG who would cut to the wing.

Very effective gameplan by Izzo for a team without a lot of offensive options - much like this year's Gopher team.

josh

They need to use Hoffarber like Izzo did with Drew Neitzel a couple years back. They would run him off two or three ball screens in an effort to get him open for 3.

But this was more than just running ball screens for Neitzel. Since the defense can see the screens coming and would often try to cheat and go over the top of the screens to defend the three against Neitzle, Izzo used that against the D.

The screen setters would cut inside to the basket as soon as they set the screen. Then the PG had a two-way-go: Either pass to Neitzel coming off the screens, or slide it inside to the big men if they were open if the defense overplayed.

If the trailer was a touch late but close enough to Neitzel that he couldn't get the shot off, Drew would continue with the ball toward the top of the circle looking for a big man down low or the PG who would cut to the wing.

Very effective gameplan by Izzo for a team without a lot of offensive options - much like this year's Gopher team.

That sounds like a better plan than the play I described :)

But I bet come Saturday we see my play more than yours :(

screens

The only play i see is the two bigs setting a screen facing the basket around the free throw line and hoff or Davoe going from under the basket and running thru/around these picks. Rarely is it open anymore as I'm sure its been analyzed by opposing coaches. There is never any cutting by the screeners for the over play by the defense.

Top Bottom