Are the stars aligned, is the wind at our back?

husker70

Reaction score
It would seem the Twins season will end quietly, the Vikes are projected to be going nowhere soon, the Wolves may not get started till January, and the Wild are rebuilding. The Sports beat is looking for a story, a lead, a sales leader. Something that will sell papers. To those looking for a tip, it will be The Minnesota Golden Gopher Football, the team will play hard, and steal a couple games with field late goals. The Vibe will be in full force after a win at Ann Arbor. I offer this as an advisory to the Star Tribune, Pioneer Press, KFAN, Channel 5, KSTP 1500, and any other media source. This will be the story. Get ready, get the people in place to cover it. Heck sell some advertising. I give this with no restrictions other than a mere credit. Go Gophers!

I agree, Kill road into town at the perfect time. The Wild have the potential to be much better than last year with some offense. Vikes are a total wild card. Kill will win with the media this season with any record if they just win one of these games. Iowa, WI, NE, or USC. Those games are all early enough in the season.

It would seem the Twins season will end quietly, the Vikes are projected to be going nowhere soon, the Wolves may not get started till January, and the Wild are rebuilding. The Sports beat is looking for a story, a lead, a sales leader. Something that will sell papers. To those looking for a tip, it will be The Minnesota Golden Gopher Football, the team will play hard, and steal a couple games with field late goals. The Vibe will be in full force after a win at Ann Arbor. I offer this as an advisory to the Star Tribune, Pioneer Press, KFAN, Channel 5, KSTP 1500, and any other media source. This will be the story. Get ready, get the people in place to cover it. Heck sell some advertising. I give this with no restrictions other than a mere credit. Go Gophers!
husker70,

Will wonders never cease. We spend over $200,000,000 to build TCF Bank Stadium, one of the reasons justifying this was ostensibly to avoid getting jerked around by the MLB Twins during their playoff season. So the Big Ten Conference schedules away games for us the first two Saturdays of October, at Michigan 1 October 2011, at Purdue 8 October 2011, and a bye to boot on 15 October 2011. We have our own stadium, we no longer have to worry about conflicts with the Twins, yet we are forfeiting the best three fall weekends to a Twins team which you think is going nowhere. So why did we build this new stadium? Who is in charge of looking out for our interests in scheduling? Inquiring minds would like to know. Another gift to the MLB Twins, and for what?

Hate to rain on the parade but we are still at 8 fumbles in one practice and Kill cussing out Limegrover for a poorly coached unit. We are moving in the right direction but let's keep some perspective. Like the original post, however!

Hate to rain on the parade but we are still at 8 fumbles in one practice and Kill cussing out Limegrover for a poorly coached unit. We are moving in the right direction but let's keep some perspective. Like the original post, however!

That's why they call it practice. They practice. McKnight scored three TDs the practice before. 3 TDs and 8 fumbles at a practice three weeks before the first game is...

NOTHING.

Changing of the Guard

Top Bottom