Are people finally beggining to realize.....

gold04

Reaction score
that the offense will be very, very good next year.

O-line - You'll have 12 guys who are red shirt sophmores thru seniors who will have played a good amount playing time in college football (that's counting Willis and Carufel). They all will be older (at least two years in college), bigger (boy they will be big), stronger, and more experienced next year. Plus you add Davis as the o-line coach. Next year our O-line will be very, very good. I guarantee you Weber will not be running for his life anymore.

Recievers - Decker, Hayo (3000 yards in JC), Green, Smith, Ben, Mcneal, Mcknight, Brandon. Best group of recievers we ever had assembled together. This group is big, athletic, and fast. Webber will have no problem finding open targets

Tight ends - Maybe the weakest point of offense but not bad. Tow will get his share of catches and will be a better blocker with the new schemes then Simmons. May turn out for the better with the new offense. Lair might be a big suprise here.

Running backs - Sophmores Eskridge, Shady, and Bennet are guys who will give us consitstency, while freshmen Whaley, Limpscomp and the 4 star silent verbal RB will give us home run hitting ability.

Quarterbacks - Weber, Pitman, Gray, Nance, and Alipate nothing needs to be said.

Even with Dunbar this offense will be hard to stop. Davis obviously will put his fingerprints on the offense. I'm glad we'll have the Bowl game, and Spring practice to help us work out all the kinks of the new offensive schemes. Next year it will be day and night comapred to this year. I think we'll averege about 450 yards a game. Maybe even more.

I would say we'll be better at the end of the year than the beginning. Hopefully we'll be good enough early to win. It is looking very promising though. Completely agree.

Well, well, Gold04, somebody sure started out the day with some mighty sweetened cereal and a big glass of Kool-aid. With confusion fomenting at the top (Davis v. Dunbar), and an offensive line that showed no sign of gelling this year your prediction seems mighty bold. And McNeal? Can it not be any more evident that this kid wants out of this state. He seems to be entertaining any offer as long as it is on the national stage and not Minnesota. Pittman, perhaps the biggest disappointment of '08's class, isn't likely to be at QB anytime soon, leaving us fairly thin still @ QB in terms of experience. &BTW,You don't list Hageman at TE, one recruit I was actually fairly high on in this somewhat disappointing 09 class. I look forward to '10, but I still think with the increased intensity of the schedule it will be a wait-and-see season in '09.

PostScript: Can't wait to see how the Gophers stack up against the no huddle bubble screen look Clemson's former OC Rob Spence will bring to Syracuse with him. Hopefully the rumors swirling on the Auburn boards prove entirely baseless and Ted Roof is here to stay for a while, because we could sure use a steady improvement and continuity at the coordinator levels.

Well, well, Gold04, somebody sure started out the day with some mighty sweetened cereal and a big glass of Kool-aid. QUOTE]

Better then whatever you started your day off with. Maybe go back to bed for a while...ya think.

Yeah ulfr what makes you so negative? I think all this talk about the Davis v. Dunbar crap is all just assumptions. I also think we have a decent shot at landing McNeal, just because he is looking at a lot of schools doesn't mean he wants out. We should have a great balanced offense next year and possibly lead the Big Ten in passing. We will have a great WR group and I don't think you mentioned Bryant Allen or Rashede Hageman coming in next year gold. The O-Line was very young and banged up this year and there is every reason to believe it will improve with experience, new additions, and the coaching of Tim Davis. I agree with gold04 we should have a great offense next year along with another good defense and it could be a big year.
________
ATLAS ENGINE

Hmmm...I don't think McNeal has committed. I know you are excited, but let's at least keep it limited to people on the team.

I Know

I want Mcneal but even without him we'll have a very good set of recievers.

Top Bottom