Appreciating the Win

nsmike

Reaction score
After surveying the results of Minnesota sports teams this weekend I'm appreciating the win. Gopher Football and Gopher Woman's hockey, were the winners, everyone else lost. The Lynx on Thursday night, MN United got knocked out of contention for the play offs, the Wild lost twice, the Vikings lost. I think I'd rather have the ugly win!

Also felt somewhat better after OSU and MSU were beat by penn St and Maryland

Nice to see a Emmit in his first year rack up a game winning score.

When that kid kicks you can hear his contact with the ball clearly in the stands...

Nice to see a Emmit in his first year rack up a game winning score.

When that kid kicks you can hear his contact with the ball clearly in the stands...

To be honest, this is the first thing I thought as we were leaving TCF Bank Stadium. He now has a game winning kick under his belt, with lots of pressure on the line. You can't simulate that in practice. That will absolutely give him more confidence next time we're in that situation.

Go Gophers!!

The opportunity to get 8 wins for the 6th time in 49 years. Let's do it!

I just finished watching the game and feel much better about the win. I made the mistake of using gopher hole to gauge the game.

The big thing to me was just execution problems on a handful of plays.

3 4th down plays.
Missed FG
Muffed punt.
Formation on Woli to negate pass interference.
Wr's running into each other on pick six

4th quarter drive to win was great.

Going back, we do a nice job of answering other teams. PSU we went down and took lead back. Iowa we nearly tied the game.

The legal issues are killing our defense right now.

We're a week to week team. Never know what you'll get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished watching the game and feel much better about the win. I made the mistake of using gopher hole to gauge the game.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Excellent!

After surveying the results of Minnesota sports teams this weekend I'm appreciating the win. Gopher Football and Gopher Woman's hockey, were the winners, everyone else lost. The Lynx on Thursday night, MN United got knocked out of contention for the play offs, the Wild lost twice, the Vikings lost. I think I'd rather have the ugly win!

You forgot about the T-Wolves. They had a blowout win in their last preseason game. The Wolves might be on the brink of being respectable again.

The opportunity to get 8 wins for the 6th time in 49 years. Let's do it!

Wow! I've only been a dedicated Gopher football fan for about four years (although I'd watch them occasionally before that) and I've experienced two of those 8 win seasons. Glad I missed the substantial majority of those 49 years.

I, too, feel okay with this win IF the team can stay on course against Illinois and Purdue.

Every team that doesn't finish in the top-10 or 15 has a head-scratchingly bad game. The fact that we had a mulligan and still won shows me that this team has heart. Of course, that only works if there is just one mulligan. By definition, any more than one is no longer an isolated instance.

Another mitigating factor for me is the possibility that Rutgers has found a really effective QB (or at least one that we did not properly game-plan and practice for).

And yet another mitigating circumstance is lacking Buford and, especially Hardin, on the field. Hardin's presence sure seems to make a huge difference.

Finally, our QB didn't really get much practice for this game. IIRC, he missed the Tuesday and Wednesday full-contacts and only practiced in limited contact on Thursday.

My expectation is that we win the next 2 games to go to 7-2 and that we make a serious game of at least one of the 3 remaining games and finish as high as 8-4.

Expectations for the season were quite high based on Claeys comments on the best team in five years, the easy schedule and Claeys predicting nine to ten wins.
Early disappointments in the conference were magnified by a too close game against the bottom feeder in the BIG.
Rivalry teams NE and WI look stronger than anticipated and the loss to IA still lingers.
The distraction of the restraining order adds to the malaise.

Rebump. Disappointed with the play on Saturday but we're 5-2. Everyone needs to take a chill pill and let the rest of the year play out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's an article that tells it like it is. Gophers are no longer abysmal, they're now mediocre. It may be the best it gets in Gopherland so kick back and enjoy the roller-coaster that is men's football and basketball.

You forgot about the T-Wolves. They had a blowout win in their last preseason game. The Wolves might be on the brink of being respectable again.
I don't put much stock in preseason just games that count.

For a long time I have wanted the Gophers to be good enough to play a bad game and still win. Mission accomplished. However it does not "taste" as good as I had hoped. Maybe its because their losses have also been poorly played. OK Gophers, how about playing a good game and winning??!!

I'm pleased with the win. Not pleased with the mistakes the team played that required a last-minute comeback, but pleased with the win. Perhaps I will be unhappy next Saturday, but I can still be happy today about winning a game. I was at the only game the Gophers won in 2007. I was happy after for the win, even though the Gophers blew a 16-point lead and were fortunate that Miami U missed a FG in OT. If I wouldn't have been happy with that win, I would have been unappy 12 times instead of 11.

Top Bottom