AP: Ciarrocca last piece of puzzle in Gophers putting band back together

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the AP:

After helping Minnesota win nine games in 2019, offensive coordinator Kirk Ciarrocca left Minnesota for Penn State. He was fired after one season with the Nittany Lions.

Now, after spending last season at West Virginia, the 56-year-old has been reunited with the Golden Gophers — and much of the supporting cast he helped lead to 11 wins in 2019. Ciarrocca served as Minnesota's OC from 2017-19.

Quarterback Tanner Morgan and running back Mohamed Ibrahim are both returning for their sixth season, and coach P.J. Fleck believes getting the band back together could lead to another big season in 2022.
Fleck isn’t alone.

“When the opportunity came back to hire him, him and I, it was easy. It was like yes. What I respect about KirkKirk wanted to know how that would affect the kids, and I wanted to know how that would affect the kids,” Fleck said. “I said, of course you might have to answer some questions in your first team meeting, but that will be easy after the first five minutes, and he did. I know we’re excited to have him. Tanner’s really excited to have him.”

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom