Anyway to get memorial arch on display in TCF

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
I know that it currently resides in the Mcnamara alumni center, is there any way to get it on display in TCF? My thoughts or vision is that it would make a good focal point in the hall of fame
connecting the past to the present. Now that the wrong of the old stadium being torn down has been righted it just would seem fitting for this piece of the U's history to be on display where more people could see it. I'm not saying it should be built into the stadium but that the whole display with it from Mcanamara could be moved to hall of fame where the trophies room and murals could be. Would be cool to have black and white photos of past students and gathering places and current students frame or surround the arch along with pictures of the teams highlight moments. Maybe the cost is to much or the alumni association would object. It's nice where it is but it would be even better if more people could see it on display in TCF.

There was talk about building the old arch into the new stadium, but the arch isn't just on display at the alumni center, it's an integral part of the wall.

4 years ago I couldn't imagine a new gopher stadium without the Memorial Arch somehow integrated into the design, however, today I don't think its needed.

I think the location of the arch today is justified. It is pretty darn close to the location it once stood. I wish it were pointed in the same direction as it once was and it being on that wall it sort of gets lost in the room, but I think it still is justified.

Top Bottom