Anyone tailgating for the Aug. 22 preview - Lot C86

gophergirl

Section 117, Row 13, C86 lot
Reaction score
Hello - just wondering if anyone is planning to test out the tailgating in their lot for the August 22 preview? My crew is thinking about it. Why not? Sure it may not be an actual game, but hey, do we really need an excuse to stand in a parking lot and drink?

We haven't 100% finalized our plans yet, but I think the four in my group will be doing some tailgating in C88 (the small lot right next to C86). I would like to use this Saturday as a "dress rehearsal". Part of this would include timing the walk from our lot to the stadium so that we know what to expect on game day.

What time does the scrimmage start on Saturday?

I'm too lazy to look it up, my apologies

I'll be there. I don't have a parking spot, so it'll be a bit ad hoc

I am bringing my daughters with but would love to park in a lot to tailgate for a little bit. I'm sure we'll just end up walking around the outside of the stadium for awhile until they let us in though. Are all lots open or do you have to have a permit like during the season?

I am bringing my daughters with but would love to park in a lot to tailgate for a little bit. I'm sure we'll just end up walking around the outside of the stadium for awhile until they let us in though. Are all lots open or do you have to have a permit like during the season?

Have to have a permit for the permit lots. You can probably park in St. Paul or West Bank.

At least part of our crew will be tailgating in C-86. Some people are out of town and not coming in for a practice.

times for 8/22 scrimmage

The lots open for tailgating at noon next Satruday. Wonder if they'll put time restrictions on tailgating lots for on the actual game days? Hope not.

The stadium opens at 1:30 pm - but the scrimmage isn't until 3:00 pm.

The lots open for tailgating at noon next Satruday. Wonder if they'll put time restrictions on tailgating lots for on the actual game days? Hope not.

The stadium opens at 1:30 pm - but the scrimmage isn't until 3:00 pm.

Yes, there are restrictions for actual gamedays. The lots open 6 hours before gametime, or 7 a.m., whichever is later. So, for a 6 p.m. game, the lots open at noon.

I'll be parking in C86, I gotta see if the rest of my group is going to tailgate, I would imagine they would. I think it would be a nice test run. I bought a new grill just for tailgating, and I can't wait to try it out.

We will have at least 4 in C86 tailgating.

Top Bottom