anyone else notice they changed number font on scoreboards to match new jersey font?

supadupafly

Reaction score
random post, i know. just thought that was a nice little extra touch.

Yes - it looks very cool!!! Yet another solid idea they came up with.

That was very cool. I mentioned it several times for no other reason than I really liked it.

They have? Awesome! Can't wait for next weekend, that will be MY Gopher home opener! SKI U MAH!

random post, i know. just thought that was a nice little extra touch.

It was the first thing I noticed when I got to my seat. the new lettering/numbering is perfect. I'm sure we'll have a uni change in the future but I hope we keep the numbering/lettering.

Change it back. You can't read it from further than 10 feet.

Also, change the out-of-town format so that you can actually see how far along the game is.

Scores were much easier to read on both banner and large scoreboard. Also, full screen for replays and less commercials. Did anyone else notice that?

They really botched the Foggie highlight. It looked to me that Teague was apologizing to Foggie while doing the on field ceremony. Too bad ... He is pretty much a legend to those of us who grew up in the 80s. Could have been a nice moment.

Did notice that. Nice touch. Also, they used the entire board for replays!! Finally!!

The bold gold numbers on those jerseys and the M on the darker helmet really pop out from the stands. Everything the U did with the new designs is first class.

The main scoreboard was good, but the out of town scoreboard on the sides was unreadable.

The main scoreboard was good, but the out of town scoreboard on the sides was unreadable.

I saw someone tweet about that during the game, the Ath Dept said they would fix the out of town board.

I commented on this in another thread. Finally we see signs of the U starting to build a brand in our program. Things like a very cool, modern/retro (somehow?), UNIQUE lettering helps define us. And don't do it only on the jerseys and call it a day. They're putting it in all the videos, on tickets, on the giant student section banner they opened, the scoreboard, etc. Finally.

And yes, the full video board for the replays was great and the U probably got extra advertising revenue as it was sponsored by Verizon and Ford who are not normally on the side ads during play. Great thinking while utilizing the 35% of the space they paid so much for.

I'm hoping to continue to see more of these trends at future home games this season. In addition, continuing to win, and doing it in exciting/convincing fashion, will bring in more students and help build the fun/party atmosphere we and Kill are looking for. After watching ISU roll in to Iowa City yesterday and beat the Hawkeyes, I'm feeling much better about starting the season out 5-0 leading up to our Homecoming game vs. Northwestern, also a winnable game. How sweet would it be to start the season off 6-0 (and head to Camp Randall possibly ranked higher than them)?? Sorry this paragraph was not related to the video board. And back to earth, Western Michigan is next.

I commented on this in another thread. Finally we see signs of the U starting to build a brand in our program. Things like a very cool, modern/retro (somehow?), UNIQUE lettering helps define us. And don't do it only on the jerseys and call it a day. They're putting it in all the videos, on tickets, on the giant student section banner they opened, the scoreboard, etc. Finally.

And yes, the full video board for the replays was great and the U probably got extra advertising revenue as it was sponsored by Verizon and Ford who are not normally on the side ads during play. Great thinking while utilizing the 35% of the space they paid so much for.

I'm hoping to continue to see more of these trends at future home games this season. In addition, continuing to win, and doing it in exciting/convincing fashion, will bring in more students and help build the fun/party atmosphere we and Kill are looking for. After watching ISU roll in to Iowa City yesterday and beat the Hawkeyes, I'm feeling much better about starting the season out 5-0 leading up to our Homecoming game vs. Northwestern, also a winnable game. How sweet would it be to start the season off 6-0 (and head to Camp Randall possibly ranked higher than them)?? Sorry this paragraph was not related to the video board. And back to earth, Western Michigan is next.

+1

Also, it was mentioned in another thread that when we get heating coils installed and new turf put in, it would be nice to use the new font/lettering/numbering for MINNESOTA in the endzones and for the field numbers. Just something more to brand Minnesota football. Obviously, it's not going to directly lead to more wins but all part of establishing our own football culture.

1201MinnesotaFootballWordmark.jpg

Top Bottom