Anyone else going to Iowa City this weekend?

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
Mrs. GoGophersRah and I are going to Iowa City for the 3rd time this weekend.

We have yet to see a win, but always have fun anyway. We stay at a bed-and-breakfast inn that is walking distance to the stadium.

We've never had anyone harrass us - just some good-natured ribbing. It wouldn't ever surprise me, though, if we were to be treated poorly there.

We'll be sitting in enemy territory (we got the tickets from a friend who is a Hawkeye alum).

Anyone else going?

Go Gophers.

Might be going. I have some buddies that went to Iowa, if they go I'm in. I think this game matters less to them now, but I want to go if for no other reason than to make fun of people.

I'll be there. Will be sitting in enemy territory as well. Have a friend who's a Hawkeye season ticket holder.

Go Gophers Rah,
I hope you enjoy your trip to Iowa City again. It's a fun place.
I hope you are not treated poorly by the Hawkeye fans; I hope the Hawkeye fans don't read this board. If gophergrad goes and does "make fun of people", well, most people don't take to well that. In my experience, what you give is what you get.

Go Gophers Rah,
I hope you enjoy your trip to Iowa City again. It's a fun place.
I hope you are not treated poorly by the Hawkeye fans; I hope the Hawkeye fans don't read this board. If gophergrad goes and does "make fun of people", well, most people don't take to well that. In my experience, what you give is what you get.

haha should have said "make fun of my iowa friends" but everyone should be entitled to a little good natured ribbing.

Yeah, I'm going. Tailgating with about 100 Hawkeye fans, wish me luck!

I will be there, but I don't think you guys want to hang out with me :(

If you do, I'll be the guy smashing windshields.

Anyone have an extra ticket for sale? I'd rather sit with Gopher fans if I can.

I'll be there with a whole horde of Gopher fans.

I'll be there with some classmates. Should be a great time.

Anyone know of some fun bars?? Preferably not a hard core Hawkeye hangout (don't wanna be fighting people).

Old Gopher

After reading some of your last few posts I can say I really don't feel bad about your windshield.

That dry enough for ya? Dick?

Anyone know of some fun bars?? Preferably not a hard core Hawkeye hangout (don't wanna be fighting people).

depends what you are looking for? most bars on sat night will be packed with hawk fans--defn gonna be a fun night even for a goph fan stuck down here--

joes--is the standard grad bar--little older crowd but many bars games and a good atmosphere

brothers/3rd base--if you are looking for 18 yr old sluts--I would say these are the places to go--prob hard core hawk however

quintons--another good grad bar--great sandwiches

a bunch of other decent ones, bo james, yacht club, jakes, a couple of martinis bars (graze), and if you like putting from the rough--studio thirteen--not that there's anything wrong with that

I'll be there with a group of 6 Gopher fans! Should be a fun trip

You're going to have a hard time avoiding lots of Iowa fans if you're going to a bar in Iowa City. The town is completely built around the college, most of the bars are right near campus, and they're packed with Iowa students on the weekends (and basically every night). Still, it's a really fun town, and I'd recommend heading downtown at some point. I sorta doubt you'll have a problem with getting into a fight. I mean, you'll probably get a couple drunk guys yelling insults at you if you're wearing Gopher gear, but what do you expect?

Anyway, as for good bars, the Airliner is my favorite. It's pretty chill most of the time. Joe's is awesome, and very laid back. DC's and Mickey's are pretty cool. Fieldhouse, Sports Column, and Brothers will be packed, but I'm not really a fan. They were cool when I was underage and looking for a place that wouldn't card me, but not so much now.

If you want to avoid the whole Ped Mall scene and are looking for something out of the way, I like The Vine quite a bit. The food there is pretty good too.

depends what you are looking for? most bars on sat night will be packed with hawk fans--defn gonna be a fun night even for a goph fan stuck down here--

joes--is the standard grad bar--little older crowd but many bars games and a good atmosphere

brothers/3rd base--if you are looking for 18 yr old sluts--I would say these are the places to go--prob hard core hawk however

quintons--another good grad bar--great sandwiches

a bunch of other decent ones, bo james, yacht club, jakes, a couple of martinis bars (graze), and if you like putting from the rough--studio thirteen--not that there's anything wrong with that

Where exactly is this located?

I think you have that one wrong. The skanks hang out at Summit, aka Scummit. Just to clarify. :)

I'll be there with a whole horde of Gopher fans.

Paul I know I ain't the smallest gopher in a hole, but do I really constitute a hoard?
;)

[All I want for Christmas is a bronze pig to come home for the holidays.]

I'll be heading down. Still looking for a ticket or two (don't have quite enough for our group) so if anyone needs to unload any extras let me know. Otherwise may be taking in the game at the Vine.

I think you have that one wrong. The skanks hang out at Summit, aka Scummit. Just to clarify. :)

There's plenty of them at the two places he named too, and the drinks are way cheaper there than they are at Summit.

I'll be heading down. Still looking for a ticket or two (don't have quite enough for our group) so if anyone needs to unload any extras let me know. Otherwise may be taking in the game at the Vine.

Just walk around the stadium before the game, there will definitely be plenty of people who decide they're either too drunk to go to the game or that they would rather keep drinking who are going to be trying to sell their ticket.

Wow. And I get grief for being a condescending dick. You know, this board is pretty much anonymous. No one would rat you out to your family and friends If you showed a modicum of class and decency once in a while.

It's quite obvious by Old Gopher's posts that his mood has been sombered since he heard about Obama's Death Panels

There's plenty of them at the two places he named too, and the drinks are way cheaper there than they are at Summit.

Just walk around the stadium before the game, there will definitely be plenty of people who decide they're either too drunk to go to the game or that they would rather keep drinking who are going to be trying to sell their ticket.

true, other places to find sluts--scummit, and sports column

but i feel like bros is the standard--defn had my fair share of luck there

Top Bottom