Anyone else get emotional?

maliksealy

Reaction score
After I walked off the shuttle next to the stadium, heard the band and saw the thousands of people milling around the stadium, I had tears in my eyes. It was just an incredible experience and well worth the drive up from Des Moines in the morning...anyone else?

For whatever reason when they introduced Bud Grant I teared up a bit. I'm still all man though.

When they introduced Bronislau Nagurski, Jr, i choked up a tad, went for my flask and said a few words skyward. What a night.

It really was incredible. I never saw a game at Memorial Stadium, but this game felt like going home after living out of a suitcase in a fleabag motel for an extended period of time. This is something that people are going to talk about for a long time. Before we know it, there will be Gopher fans for whom the dome is just a horror story us old people talk about.

I teared up when Bud Grant was introduced too. I think the University still means a lot to him and to get the reception he got from the crowd must have been special. The Gopher Shack has a great picture of it:

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophersshack/assets_c/2009/09/IMG_1891-376.html

Me too. Seems to be a common theme. I had to take my glasses off and dab my eyes when Bud popped up on the main screen. I had just been thinking how awesome it is to have our own place again, and I guess it all came out at that point.

Yes, I'll admit I shed some tears. For me, it was when the Battle Hymn of the Republic started...it was so amazing to be in the new home, to be able to see campus and the sky.

What a day!

No question!

The whole experience was just amazing! I went to The Brickhouse as a kid and remember the whole game-day experience, the band marching down University Ave, the frat houses decked out for homecoming, etc. It was just so cool to see all the maroon and gold clad fans milling around the area, in the restaurants, etc. It really is an experience now, not just a football game.

We did learn one thing last night and I think it's great. As much as I hated standing in the long line to get into the stadium, I realize that it will encourage people to get there sooner to avoid the rush. No more waiting until just before kick-off to park your butt in the seat. This will add to the atmosphere!

Go Gophers!

Top Bottom