Anybody Know Where the Mythical Fire Jerry Kill Talk is Coming From?

Iceland12

Reaction score
I'm on this site WAY to much. Listen to Sports talk radio, also WAY to much. Ditto with sports sites. Where is the push to fire Kill, that some people are angry about coming from? Not the silly like-named website. You could fit all it's readers in a Suzuki. Now I certainly could have missed it, but except for the excerpt from FBT has ANYBODY actually heard any realistic talk about it?

It's asinine for so many, many reasons. So why has it been so referenced?

Anybody heard the "he should be fired" talk anywhere but here?

It doesn't exist, just someone using hyperbole in an attempt to overcompensate for Kill. No idea why a blogger needs to exaggerate like that.

I'm on this site WAY to much. Listen to Sports talk radio, also WAY to much. Ditto with sports sites. Where is the push to fire Kill, that some people are angry about coming from? Not the silly like-named website. You could fit all it's readers in a Suzuki. Now I certainly could have missed it, but except for the excerpt from FBT has ANYBODY actually heard any realistic talk about it?

It's asinine for so many, many reasons. So why has it been so referenced?

Anybody heard the "he should be fired" talk anywhere but here?

As Stan said it doesn't exist. Problem is there are some posters on here that assume if you have anything negative to say about Kill it means you want him fired. So they fall all over themselves defending the coach and all his virtues.

It doesn't exist, just someone using hyperbole in an attempt to overcompensate for Kill. No idea why a blogger needs to exaggerate like that.
Because it's much harder to try and see an issue from perspectives other than your own. This is why I stopped discussing politics with most people a long time ago. People see what they want to see, and usually it's irrational and fictitious.

Barring complete catastrophe, Kill will get at least 5 years.

I think we owe him 6 more years.

Barring complete catastrophe, Kill will get at least 5 years.

I think we owe him 6 more years.
I think he'll have to make a bowl game in year 3 or 4. Fan support is already pretty lukewarm and by his 4th year the team will be made almost entirely of his recruits, many of whom will be juniors and seniors. Not to mention, if dropping UNC results in no bowl games......

I think he will be able to accomplish that, granted, but I certainly wouldn't assume that anything more than 4 years is a given.

Brewster didn't even get four full years and he made two bowl games. Wacker got 5 and Gutekunst got 6, but those were different times.

I do not think Kill has anything to worry about.......yet. But the reality is, when a new AD comes in, I believe the main head coaches (basketball, football) have a shorter leash than the they would if the AD that hired them was still around. AD's like to put their own stamp on programs.

As Stan said it doesn't exist. Problem is there are some posters on here that assume if you have anything negative to say about Kill it means you want him fired. So they fall all over themselves defending the coach and all his virtues.

I haven't seen a whole lot of that either.

I did see someone post that Kill is in way over his head and "doesn't know what the hell he is doing".

Either way, there's always going to be a few on the extreme side of things.

Kill is way over is head? Ha. Then everybody who has coached here in the last 45 years was over their head.

Rock bottom requires that we turnover our program to JK for the long haul. it cannot get worse.

I have heard zero talk of this, not at the games, not from M men

Nobody is talking about this one iota at the games, people do not like the losing but nobody is delusional enough to bring this fire talk up like the grumblings after year 1 of Brewster.
I know two people that are pretty good friends with former M men 1 a football player and 1 a baseball player, I had to make a phone call after seeing this. They laughed and said no when I asked if they have heard a peep about it any fire talk.
I even have a guy's dad who is friends with the baseball coach. There has been ZERO fire Jerry Kill talk in the athletic department, from his dads perspective even if there was it would not have leaked out like the last administration. Those kind of leaks are not as prevalent as before. These are people that frequent the DQ club and have much better seats than I do.
People were upset about the North Carolina buyout but I don't think anyone has suggested firing the coach as even a remote possibility.

Nobody is talking about this one iota at the games, people do not like the losing but nobody is delusional enough to bring this fire talk up like the grumblings after year 1 of Brewster.
I know two people that are pretty good friends with former M men 1 a football player and 1 a baseball player, I had to make a phone call after seeing this. They laughed and said no when I asked if they have heard a peep about it any fire talk.
I even have a guy's dad who is friends with the baseball coach. There has been ZERO fire Jerry Kill talk in the athletic department, from his dads perspective even if there was it would not have leaked out like the last administration. Those kind of leaks are not as prevalent as before. These are people that frequent the DQ club and have much better seats than I do.
People were upset about the North Carolina buyout but I don't think anyone has suggested firing the coach as even a remote possibility.

Yeah, that's what I thought and what the consensus seems to be. Yet there have been plenty of posts defending Jerry and raising an outcry against the people who want him fired!

Gotta love the internet:clap:

Oh, and the "blogosphere as well".:blah:

I'll sum up my feelings, this way:

If we don't fire Jerry Kill before I die, I will die a happy man.

I'll sum up my feelings, this way:

If we don't fire Jerry Kill before I die, I will die a happy man.

Or you may die a lot sooner than you expect!

I had to say it.....you left yourself open:)

Well said.

Or you may die a lot sooner than you expect!

I had to say it.....you left yourself open:)

I said it the way I did to see who would be the first to catch that. You, Sportsfan24, are very astute, good job. :)

There is a firejerrykill.com. It is a general sports blog about Minnesota sports. It actually isn't bad when it gets updated.

Top Bottom