Anybody catch Evan Turner's postgame remarks?

cheeseheadgophfan

Reaction score
I saw them on the BTN...he was talking about Lighty's injury and how everyone needs to grow up. He than referred to the Gophers as "a bunch of role players"....but "today they did their jobs." Is Turner some McDonald's AA that I didn't notice? I'm betting those comments will make the bulletin board before the rematch.

I didn't take it that way at all. I just took it as he was saying that the Gopher players know what their roles are and they played as a team. I think that's a pretty apt description of the Gophers, we don't really have a star player, per se.

He was just pointing out to his teammates that it's time to quit using the excuse of not having Lighty & move forward without him (until he gets back). It doesn't do any good to whine about what you don't have, it's counterproductive.

For what it's worth, I think Turner is a fantastic player. Having seen him in person on Saturday, if he's not a star already, he's certainly one in the making.

I thought Turner quote was "they had a bunch of role players, but they know how to play." I don't find that to be very far from the truth. Not the most talented roster in the conference, but carefully coached and showing a lot of heart.

And learning and improving every game. Keep it up, Gophers!!!! Iowa will be a tough one to win at Iowa City. But you guys can do it. GO GOPHERS!!!!!!

I didn't take it that way at all. I just took it as he was saying that the Gopher players know what their roles are and they played as a team. I think that's a pretty apt description of the Gophers, we don't really have a star player, per se.

He was just pointing out to his teammates that it's time to quit using the excuse of not having Lighty & move forward without him (until he gets back). It doesn't do any good to whine about what you don't have, it's counterproductive.

For what it's worth, I think Turner is a fantastic player. Having seen him in person on Saturday, if he's not a star already, he's certainly one in the making.

That's the way I understood Turner's comment too, SS. In fact, it's probably as close to a compliment a player on the opposing team could give after losing a game he thought his team could have won.

I saw them on the BTN...he was talking about Lighty's injury and how everyone needs to grow up. He than referred to the Gophers as "a bunch of role players"....but "today they did their jobs." Is Turner some McDonald's AA that I didn't notice? I'm betting those comments will make the bulletin board before the rematch.

I also took his comments in a derogatory tone, which conflicts with what some other posters have said here (that Turner was giving a compliment). It seemed that Turner was suggesting that the Gophers were OK, but that Ohio State was better and should regularly beat the Gophers. That's the tone I got out of his interview, anyhow. Yes, I believe it should be bulletin board material, in case the Gophers need any.

i'll be attending my first Gophers Hoops game this year on Feb 7th at Ohio State...boy I hope we can slam the Buckeyes around again....all my Buckeye friends have been telling me it's going to be another story at their place with D.L healthy.

i'll be attending my first Gophers Hoops game this year on Feb 7th at Ohio State...boy I hope we can slam the Buckeyes around again....all my Buckeye friends have been telling me it's going to be another story at their place with D.L healthy.

It's hard to distinguish fact from disinformation, but I've heard that Lighty is unlikely to be ready for the 2/7 game. By then, the buckeyes will be a different team--either demoralized and pressing, or confident having found their stride without him. And the gophs will have either learned to win on the road in the big ten, or not. Until we have some sense of those questions, getting cocky about winning (the way your firends are) is just hot air.

JimV2, you are absolutely right...smack talk about what's gonna happen results in half the parties involved having to eat their words. Let's take "One Game at a Time, Sweet Jesus.......". We have Iowa on Thursday, it's a long way to 2/7.

Who won last time? role players or talent? Talk is cheap, it takes money to buy whiskey.

Top Bottom