Any tips?

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Selection time in a couple hours. For those of you following seat selections, any thoughts on these sections? These are ones I've narrowed it down to, all lower deck. Would lean more toward being in the sun (but not looking into it) than the shade. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

105, rows 1-27 (scoreboard end, corner, V side)
115, rows 1-31 (closed end, corner, V side)
117 rows 1-31 (closed end, corner, V side)
133, rows 22-31 (closed end, corner, H side)
135, rows 15-35 (closed end, corner, H side)
145, rows 15-35 (scoreboard end, corner, H side)

Hodger - if it were me picking just among those six sections. Personally, I'm a lower portion upper deck over higher up lower deck guy, so I would go with higher rows in these sections to provide more depth perception for watching the game if it were me. Probably something 20-25 rows up, regardless of which section you choose.

I would put them in this order:

133 - near the students, great view of the big scoreboard, reasonable angle on play (you're in the end zone, but not positioned completely parallel to the sideline), and you're well removed from visiting sections.

145 - get a great look back into a full stadium, presumably easy in and out since you're near the open end of the horseshoe, reasonable angle on play (similar to 133, only from another corner) and you're still well removed from visiting sections.

117 - pretty much the same action you get from 133, sharper angle to seeing the big board, and also visiting fans near by, though they're in the upper half of the deck above you, so pretty removed.

135 - similar to 133, only a slightly worse angle on watching play on the field, since you're running a bit more parallel to the sideline, but buried down near the goal line. In these deep corners, IMHO you're better off with a true corner seat than a goal line/sideline style seat.

115 - similar to 117, only with the same differences you get from 135 to 133.

105 - back to the big scoreboard, visiting fans largest section in the deck above you. I think this is the least appealing of your six options.

PS - I enjoy your moniker being Selection Sunday, but in this case, it's actually Selection Thursday.

Quite a few people I know are going to pick 105. You are well (one whole deck) below the visiting team fans and you won't notice them. They also like the idea of sitting in the sun and the easy access to and from stadium.

I think it depends on how important sun/shade vs. seeing big scoreboard is to you. The more threads I see about this, the more I realize how different everyone's priorities are. My first choice was parkinglotgopher's last choice.

105 seems to be the only section where you'll be in the sun without looking into it very often. Looking at the panoramic, you still appear to get a good view of the big scoreboard and since it is HD, should be able to see it even from a tight angle.

145 would likely be my second choice from these sections, allowing you to catch some sun, a view of the scoreboard, etc.

133/135 are not bad options either, but they take the sun completely out of it. I'm not as high on these as everyone else is. Oh well!

115/117 seem to put you looking into the sun in the 4-7 pm range, so I would take those out.

Thanks guys

Appreciate the recommendations. I'm leaning toward Section 145, my brother likes 117. He's paying for 3 of the 4 tickets so he gets the final say.

I'm quite partial to 133/135 because I'm on the 133 aisle of section 135.

The cool people are in 107

If you want to be closse to us, we ended up in 107, row 19 and 20. Ope and I decided the sun was a definite plus.

Let us know where you end up.

Top Bottom