Any news on Pro Day today?

EG#9

Reaction score
I am interested in finding out how Willie VanDeSteeg performed. The more Gophers that get drafted, the better it is for the program. Kucek and Simmons should atleast be in someone's camp this July as well.

I agree. Look at how many people are calling us a running back university based off of the success of Barber and Maroney and to a lesser extent Tapeh, Russell, and a couple of others... Running backs are still signing with us saying that we are such a great RB school... last year we couldn't rush to save our lives. Kids love seeing the NFL success, anyone we get there helps big time!

I am interested in finding out how Willie VanDeSteeg performed. The more Gophers that get drafted, the better it is for the program. Kucek and Simmons should atleast be in someone's camp this July as well.

From the STrib:

Gophers pro day

Gophers defensive end Willie VanDeSteeg, who wasn't invited to the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis last month, had his chance Wednesday to impress a handful of scouts and team officials, including Vikings vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman.

VanDeSteeg was one of four Gophers who took part in the pro day, which also included players from regional schools as well as former Gophers NCAA heavyweight wrestling champion Cole Konrad, who is pursuing an NFL career.

"Obviously you feel that maybe you should have been invited [to the combine]," VanDeSteeg said. "But there are pluses and minuses. I got to work out a little bit longer for this day."

VanDeSteeg trained in Arizona for eight weeks preparing for the pro day. He added 20 pounds and weighed in at 262 on Wednesday, and performed well in his workout. VanDeSteeg possibly could be selected in the late rounds in the April draft.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/v...cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

Shooter had Willie VanDeSteeg running a 4.84 and benching 225 27 times. The 27 reps is outstanding, but the 4.84 is below average especially if he weighed in the 260's.

Also, Cole Konrad (or Kole Conrad as Shooter wrote in his column) participated in Pro Day as well.

I haven't been able to find any numbers from any of my usual draft sources yet. Gil Brandt has posted a lot of pro day info on NFL.com, but nothing from Minnesota.

I thought that the times at the combine were slow?

Shooter had Willie VanDeSteeg running a 4.84 and benching 225 27 times. The 27 reps is outstanding, but the 4.84 is below average especially if he weighed in the 260's.

Also, Cole Konrad (or Kole Conrad as Shooter wrote in his column) participated in Pro Day as well.

I haven't been able to find any numbers from any of my usual draft sources yet. Gil Brandt has posted a lot of pro day info on NFL.com, but nothing from Minnesota.

-I thought that the times at the combine were slow? If so, even with that time, he should be okay.

Top Bottom