Any help IDing this?

I guessing with some collecting experience...I could for sure be wrong but I don't think "Gold Country" was an old "50's-60's tag line (or earlier) So probably 70's Hard to tell without holding it or seeing it in person. Pennants were the most common memorabilia of this type. Real old 20's to 30's the letters were often sewn on. 40's printing became more common

Fly in the ointment on a lot of stuff is reproductions. Definitely don't think yours is in that category or it would probably be more common....but it is an odd size and shape for old. Also condition looks great...could be old but doubt creeps in.
Also, old banners were usually vertical and on a silky fabric with printing. Sports and WWII stuff.
60's Gopher Rose Bowl Pennant on ebay for $59 or best offer

Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 2.04.47 AM.png

Last edited:

Down the Gopherhole you chased me :) No Gopher football fan can ever watch a game again without this 3 foot X 5 foot flag hanging on a pole, or Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 2.20.45 AM.png

on a wall. Can they? Row the Boat, Ski U Mah, Go Gophers! Course the Go Gophers isn't there but oh well. Forces us to say it. (Another ebay discovery)

I never heard of "Gold Country" usage until Cal Stoll's first season (1972). But those gophers do have a 50s look.

Last edited:

Top Bottom