Any Gopher recruits attending the Badger game?..........

froggopher

Reaction score
Hope to hear of some good football players at TCF Bank Stadium! Should be one helluva game for any future Gopher football players!! Go Gophers!! :clap::clap::clap: Final score: Minnesota 38 Becky 3

What worries me the most is the WR position. We need to hit a home run in the recruiting game at a game changer WR or two.

What worries me the most is the WR position. We need to hit a home run in the recruiting game at a game changer WR or two.

Agreed. A wr the defense would have to key on and scheme for.

It's tough to recruit a game changing WR when they know they'll be blocking 2/3 of the plays they're on the field.

That picture of the linebacker from Iowa, Cody Poock, looks like a woman LOL.

A few 4 star/5 star players would sure help for next season!! Go Gophers!!!

I don't know why they waited until this game to have all the recruits come...it probably won't be our best showing.

I don't know why they waited until this game to have all the recruits come...it probably won't be our best showing.

Honestly, I don't think the outcome of the game will affect the recruits as much as other things, including the atmosphere of the stadium and the way the gopher coaches and players react and behave on the sideline and field. Kids want to go to a place where they can feel comfortable with teammates and coaches, get solid playing time, and win. And right now we are playing for something in November.

I think a lot of our recruits can clearly see that we are on the right track and the future is pretty bright. If we don't play well next Saturday I hope they can see past that minor blip on the radar.

Even guys who have committed still come to do official visits?

Don't the players decide when they come? Might have to do with many of them wanting to wait until their high school season was over.

Maybe they know something we don't..

dramatic-look-gopher-o.gif

Does the outcome of the game have that big of an impact on recruits? I would think it's the atmosphere that affects them the most, and no doubt the Axe game will be great in that regard. Plus, if Wisconsin keeps the Axe, you can sell recruits on them being responsible for taking it back in the next couple of years. If we get blown out and fans are leaving by halftime then sure, I can see that being bad.

RB Deron Thompson has 4.30 40? WOW! How would you like him and Edwards in the sam back field?

Are you sh*tting me. While we may or may not win the game, I see no reason for us to think we ought to tuck our tail between our legs and fear the Badgers. They're good, but they have some weaknesses. Their QB is rather pedestrian and while their pass D stats are good, their DBs are not game changers. I hear that Beau Allen is a prick so I hope Tommy whoops him and we just need to tackle their RBs and keep them from housing long runs and hope for a couple of turnovers. We should be able to compete.

Top Bottom