Antonio Ford next?

Reaction score
Coon Rapids RB according to a source in Andover could be the next Gopher. he told friends he is meeting with Gopher coaches this week. Would be a good committ.

This is not....

Why are you posting Rivals premium site information here?

Rivals premium info. This is from a friend from Andover who text me who is familiar with the Ford family. I think he is a pretty good source as he keeps up on HS football, specifically the Anoka Tornadoes and the Coon Rapids Cardinals.

Why are you posting Rivals premium site information here?

Rofl_111.gif

This isnt premium info, both Zach and Matt tweeted this piece of news this afternoon

Interesting that a couple of the tweets listed Antonio as a Wayzata RB. I thought it was a typo but I guess he took the new car and house.

I believe his family moved and he is attending Waytzata this school year.

I'm laughing my butt off...

You would think Rivals would be more concerned about getting repeatly scooped by Scout over the last couple of months.

I believe Ford had something like a 370 yard rushing game as a sophomore.

Call me crazy, but he doesn't look very fast in his you tube videos. His sophomore year film looks a lot better than that from his junior year.

Is Kill trying to dispel a myth in his recruiting style

Warning: recruiting site stars will be discussed...

Some of the popular (mythologic) reasoning on recruiting is you go to places like Florida and Texas to mop up on left over speed and performance players. Well, this year Jerry seems to be having better luck in Minnesota finding star power and performance than below the Mason/Dixon line.

5 Minnesota recruits at 2.4 stars per player (Fruechete unrated) or all would be 3 star.
2 Floridians recruits at 2.0 stars
1 Texan unrated.
1 North Carolinian at 2.0 stars.

These Minnesota kids received their stars for their measurable stats, not their offers. Isn't it about time that we recognize that we don't need to travel far and wide to land capable players that love the game and Minnesota and that are able to put passion back into Minnesota football! Oops, Jerry Kill said that ...

Call me crazy, but he doesn't look very fast in his you tube videos. His sophomore year film looks a lot better than that from his junior year.

*Not sure if serious*, but he blew out his knee during preseason before his junior year and probably shouldn't have even been on the field at all, certainly not until the latter part of the season.

Warning: recruiting site stars will be discussed...

Some of the popular (mythologic) reasoning on recruiting is you go to places like Florida and Texas to mop up on left over speed and performance players. Well, this year Jerry seems to be having better luck in Minnesota finding star power and performance than below the Mason/Dixon line.

5 Minnesota recruits at 2.4 stars per player (Fruechete unrated) or all would be 3 star.
2 Floridians recruits at 2.0 stars
1 Texan unrated.
1 North Carolinian at 2.0 stars.

These Minnesota kids received their stars for their measurable stats, not their offers. Isn't it about time that we recognize that we don't need to travel far and wide to land capable players that love the game and Minnesota and that are able to put passion back into Minnesota football! Oops, Jerry Kill said that ...

Now try the excercise with Rivals data after pulling McDonald from the equation. Ooops. Sooner or later the question must be asked, "why don't these guys even have a single FCS offer?" You don't think other schools search recruits by there "measureable stats" and not there offers?

Looks like JR. Mitch Underhill will be finding another position after 12 rushes for 247 yds. in the Prep Bowl. I'm sure he will fit right in on their killer defense.

I thought Kendrick Brewster was going to be our in-state offer for RB the 2012 class. What happened to him? Is Ford better?

*Not sure if serious*, but he blew out his knee during preseason before his junior year and probably shouldn't have even been on the field at all, certainly not until the latter part of the season.

Was totally serious, but had no idea he had blown out his knee. That explains a lot(!), including why he doesn't appear to have other offers to date. Gracias.

There is no such thing as premium information. Articles may be copyrighted, but the information contained in the article is free. If I buy a newspaper, I may not republish the article. But I can take the information from the article and tell anyone I want about it.

I have always like Larson and I still hope in some way he can be part of the U's plan. I'm not sure if he would be willing to walk on or if there might be a scholarship offer for him (because he has some versatility).

I thought it was going to always come down to Ford or Larson, and it looks like people preferred Ford. I don't know much about him because as Dpo said, he didn't really play last season.

Top Bottom