Antoine W Jr.

The Pro Bowl is kind of a joke of a game though, two hand touch.
I switched to the Olympics a few minutes ago. While I enjoy football, the Pro Bowl just doesn't have a quality environment.

I switched to the Olympics a few minutes ago. While I enjoy football, the Pro Bowl just doesn't have a quality environment.
I'm kinda the same. I don't watch it. I have the 6 Nations Rugby on. Waiting for the Gophs to kick whyowa's ass in basketball.

Easiest pick 6 of his career. good for Winfield but the pro bowl is a joke of a game. Not sure why they even bother playing it. Players could care less and show very little effort or energy.

Kind of a joke??? As a Raiders season ticket holder, I had the opportunity to purchase pre-sale tickets to see the game or resell. Wasn't even worth the effort to sign on to Ticketmaster.
Given that, the RTB was cool.

Great publicity. Even if there is a question if it is ROW or to do with the pirate ship of a buccaneer. Either way, I love it. Need to get his name out there as much as possible. He deserves it.
How the hell are you gonna be a pirate if you have to row a pirate ship? That would be the worst pirating ever. Its a clear tribute to RTB.

How the hell are you gonna be a pirate if you have to row a pirate ship? That would be the worst pirating ever. Its a clear tribute to RTB.
Of course it's a RTB thing going back to the Gophers. AW Jr is the obvious leader of it. It does work better thematically for the Bucs or Vikings than other NFL teams.

Pirates of the swords-and-parrots era had some very low tech sailing gear but lots of bodies so they rowed the boat a lot.

If they ditched the equipment and used flags, it would be more entertaining. I think the player would try harder. And they should copy the NHL format by using 4 teams with semis & championship game. This would produce a more competitive game.

Eliminate kickers and punters, too. Those guys could complete in a skills competition beforehand.

If they ditched the equipment and used flags, it would be more entertaining. I think the player would try harder. And they should copy the NHL format by using 4 teams with semis & championship game. This would produce a more competitive game.

Eliminate kickers and punters, too. Those guys could complete in a skills competition beforehand.
They should just ditch the whole game and do a skills competition or something along those lines. The "game" itself is a joke, nobody goes hard because nobody wants to risk getting hurt in a meaningless game that takes place after a long brutal season.

And to be clear, don't fault the players for that at all. Getting named to the pro bowl would be an honor but the game is pointless.

Yeah, I think flag football would be fun to watch.

I'm actually surprised they still even play the game. If I was an owner/GM, I'd be holding my breath that one of my players doesn't get hurt in a meaningless game (other than more money to the winner).

Even the suggestion of a flag game. Chances of getting hurt are definitely low, but a Robert Edwards type event can happen.

They should just ditch the whole game and do a skills competition or something along those lines. The "game" itself is a joke, nobody goes hard because nobody wants to risk getting hurt in a meaningless game that takes place after a long brutal season.

And to be clear, don't fault the players for that at all. Getting named to the pro bowl would be an honor but the game is pointless.
Curling…. but throwing footballs.

They should cancel the game. Just make it a fun weekend retreat for players, skills competition, charity gala, fan experience (autographs), etc.

They should cancel the game. Just make it a fun weekend retreat for players, skills competition, charity gala, fan experience (autographs), etc.
The ratings probably have to drop lower for them to finally get to that point. As long as people tune in for the farce game, even if just to mock it, they will keep holding it. If they can sell ads the NFL could careless if the game itself is a joke in terms of the effort from the players.

I guess if the players still enjoy playing in it, then whatever. But I can't imagine any football fan sitting and watching that. I watched 2 plays, then turned it. Will be interesting to see what the ratings end up being.

I guess if the players still enjoy playing in it, then whatever. But I can't imagine any football fan sitting and watching that. I watched 2 plays, then turned it. Will be interesting to see what the ratings end up being.
I highly doubt the players enjoy playing in the game. Many skip it and the effort level in the game is pretty low.

Millions still tune in though, it is the NFL. I haven't watched the pro bowl in years but looking on line their low rating was like 7.6 million households in 2017 so plenty of others are still watching for one reason or another.

Damn, I had the NFC by 10. Was looking for a big score to recoup so I took the Generals over the Globetrotters later that evening. Rough weekend.

Damn, I had the NFC by 10. Was looking for a big score to recoup so I took the Generals over the Globetrotters later that evening. Rough weekend.
Globetrotters wanted it more ...

Ummmm not going to say you have a gambling problem.....but you may want to consider finding a support group. :)

I can’t remember the last time I watched a pro bowl. I’d rather watch a cricket match and I have never watched a cricket match.

The pro bowl has degenerated into a complete farce and it wasn’t that good even when the players actually tried. As others have suggested, it might be worth a look if they just named the team and invited them to a skills competition or perhaps a replica of the old battle of the network stars.

Top Bottom