Another Police Related Shooting in the MSP Area?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Ah, I see your problem. You think there are only two options. Deserved it, or did not deserve it. So anyone providing evidence or argument that fits more in the “deserved it” camp, thinks he deserved it. A very binary argument.
Of course, most of us here aren’t thinking of these as binary situation. What you call “character assassination” is what curious people call finding out more about the victim, putting the shooters response and motive into context, etc.

Dante didn’t deserve to die.
but, but, he has a warrant out! Think of the victims! You don't care about the victims!

Section2

Reaction score
but, but, he has a warrant out! Think of the victims! You don't care about the victims!
I’m thinking about the poor people who live in Brooklyn Center who have to deal with these obnoxious protests and violence.

howeda7

Reaction score
Ah, I see your problem. You think there are only two options. Deserved it, or did not deserve it. So anyone providing evidence or argument that fits more in the “deserved it” camp, thinks he deserved it. A very binary argument.
Of course, most of us here aren’t thinking of these as binary situation. What you call “character assassination” is what curious people call finding out more about the victim, putting the shooters response and motive into context, etc.

You're against binary arguments now?

jamiche

Reaction score

This why I told you to see me for follow up, melvin.

There was really only one option. Dante didn't deserve to die. Your fellow donalds were trying to create that second option and it stunk like a skunk.

I see that you are using words that you have learned from us like "binary" and "inference." It's always good to expand your vocab and language usage. ("Taxes are theft" is old and childish, don't you think?) The next step is to learn to use them appropriately and in the right context.

Section2

Reaction score
This why I told you to see me for follow up, melvin.

There was really only one option. Dante didn't deserve to die. Your fellow donalds were trying to create that second option and it stunk like a skunk.

I see that you are using words that you have learned from us like "binary" and "inference." It's always good to expand your vocab and language usage. ("Taxes are theft" is old and childish, don't you think?) The next step is to learn to use them appropriately and in the right context.
Hey, if you want to engage in binary thinking, while attacking binary thinking, it’s ok, you’re a hypocrite.
Dante didnt deserve to die, and no one said or implied he did. This is about as open and shut of a case as you can find. Officer mistook a taser for a gun. Per the below piece, this has happened 16 other times in the past 20 years. A rare occurrence, but it does happen:
Had the officer not made that mistake, he’d be alive. And if he didn’t resist arrest, he’d also be alive.
It is important, and does not indicate he deserved to die, to note that he was not pulled over and arrested for an air freshener, but rather for having a felony warrant for assaulting and choking a woman in order to steal her rent money.
These are all important facts, because they oppose the narrative that blacks are routinely murdered by police for no reason, and if they were white they would be alive. As does the shooting of the white teenager. None of which imply that Dante deserved to die. Only that mistakes by cops can be very deadly. And the best way to prevent them for citizens is to comply with law enforcement. And I am all in favor of police reform. Eliminating public unions, reducing victimless crime laws, ending the drug war, ending gun laws, heck even eliminating license tabs.

Section2

Reaction score
You're against binary arguments now?
Not at all. jammer is, which is why it’s odd that he’s using one. Sometimes there are topics that are binary. Sometimes things are nuanced. Dante didn’t deserve to die. Binary. We agree.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
You don't think when people behave incredibly stupid that they are somewhat complicit in their own death. They are complicit while still not DESERVING to die.

The kid that died in Alaska because he didn't bring maps. I'm not glad he died, he didn't deserve to die, but he should have brought a map. It's a lesson, if you go to Alaska, bring a map.

Deserving and taking actions that make you complicit in your own death are two different analysis.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
You don't think when people behave incredibly stupid that they are somewhat complicit in their own death.
Complicity has nothing to do with deserving or not deserving.

Your attempt to inject a tangential dimension: rejected.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
He shouldn't have and as a result deserved to be tasered. He wasn't tasered.
Agreed. HE made a CHOICE to attempt to FLEE police.

There was a gun on the floor of his car, correct?

BarnBurner

Reaction score
The victims he could have killed fleeing police are people too. But that never happens when a felon flees police........

Only sometimes those folks matter to you.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
The victims he could have killed fleeing police are people too. But that never happens when a felon flees police........

Only sometimes those folks matter to you.
So, if someone can flee, we should pop them.

howeda7

Reaction score
Why shouldn't we imprison you right now?

Prevents any damage you might do to innocent people in the future. 👍
That wouldn't be fair to the other inmates at the Koochiching County Jail. Sentence him to ride the Light Rail every night from 9 PM to 9 AM instead.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
That wouldn't be fair to the other inmates at the Koochiching County Jail. Sentence him to ride the Light Rail every night from 9 PM to 9 AM instead.

It would probably reduce the cell phones stolen by someone's little angel.

Top Bottom