Another Police Related Shooting in the MSP Area?

Wally

Reaction score
Print stories are fine, technically covered. What kind of airtime do you think this story got vs Daunte? Did CNN cover this story at all on tv or just in print? I don’t know the answer. Has anyone personally and honestly answered whether they heard of it before I posted? Are you even capable of that level of honesty?

the evidence I referred to is this
Deaths get more coverage... obviously...

Wally

Reaction score
She is civilly libel, has lost her job/career, and she’ll likely have to move her home to a different state, plus I have no doubt that this will weigh on her conscience for the rest of her life.

That’s hardly a shrug of the shoulders.

This was not a criminal act.

And if it is interpreted as a criminal act, anyone who elects to be a police officer in communities with a higher than average minority population isn’t thinking clearly.

Lots of mistakes get prosecuted criminally. If you break a law, even unintentionally and someone dies, do they say oops you get a do over or do you go to jail? I think the answer is obvious.

atsgopher

Reaction score
They charged her with manslaughter. They are sure setting up future riots when she walks on this one.
Curious if the “But For” doctrine limit the civil case? Seems like Wright would have a duty to comply with the arrest. And it also appears that her actions only would have occurred because he jumps back in the car.

Are we looking at issues on the civil side too?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Curious if the “But For” doctrine limit the civil case? Seems like Wright would have a duty to comply with the arrest. And it also appears that her actions only would have occurred because he jumps back in the car.

Are we looking at issues on the civil side too?
They definitely have a civil case.

The key to the manslaughter charge is that they would have to prove that she created an unreasonable risk. It's simply not a viable charge. Daunte Wright's family attorney even knows this, it's why they are saying she intentionally killed him.

The negligence route is a dead end.

MplsGopher

Reaction score

609.205 MANSLAUGHTER IN THE SECOND DEGREE.​

A person who causes the death of another by any of the following means is guilty of manslaughter in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than ten years or to payment of a fine of not more than $20,000, or both:

(1) by the person's culpable negligence whereby the person creates an unreasonable risk, and consciously takes chances of causing death or great bodily harm to another; or

(2) by shooting another with a firearm or other dangerous weapon as a result of negligently believing the other to be a deer or other animal; or

(3) by setting a spring gun, pit fall, deadfall, snare, or other like dangerous weapon or device; or

(4) by negligently or intentionally permitting any animal, known by the person to have vicious propensities or to have caused great or substantial bodily harm in the past, to run uncontrolled off the owner's premises, or negligently failing to keep it properly confined; or

(5) by committing or attempting to commit a violation of section 609.378 (neglect or endangerment of a child), and murder in the first, second, or third degree is not committed thereby.

If proven by a preponderance of the evidence, it shall be an affirmative defense to criminal liability under clause (4) that the victim provoked the animal to cause the victim's death.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The key to the manslaughter charge is that they would have to prove that she created an unreasonable risk.
When she drew her firearm - culpable negligence - she created the unreasonable risk of being shot with a gun, instead of a taser.

Bring it. You’d get bitchslapped right out of the court room by the jury!

Section2

Reaction score
Then why do you keep responding to prog bro posts, melvin?
Huh. Did you read the post? It literally answers the question you are asking. Maybe I should infer things rather than directly state them. You can’t read straight forward, but you are an amazing mind reader.

atsgopher

Reaction score
When she drew her firearm - culpable negligence - she created the unreasonable risk of being shot with a gun, instead of a taser.

Bring it. You’d get bitchslapped right out of the court room by the jury!
At beginning of video she is pulling cover with that firearm from the back of vehicle. Which was absolutely the correct thing to do.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
At beginning of video she is pulling cover with that firearm from the back of vehicle. Which was absolutely the correct thing to do.
Did she have the gun in her hand the entire time?

If so, then you may have a point. Though it could still be argued.

If she holstered it, then the moment she drew it again, is the moment the unreasonable risk was created.

atsgopher

Reaction score
Did she have the gun in her hand the entire time?

If so, then you may have a point. Though it could still be argued.

If she holstered it, then the moment she drew it again, is the moment the unreasonable risk was created.
I think so. I think that is where the error comes in.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I think so. I think that is where the error comes in.
Does the dept procedure say she should have holstered it?

There you go, another way to argue unreasonable risk was created by negligence.

I don’t think it would be that hard to convince a jury.

Doesn’t matter though. Not going to court. She’ll plead guilty, but she won’t serve any prison time.

BarnBurner

Banned
Reaction score

atsgopher

Reaction score
Does the dept procedure say she should have holstered it?

There you go, another way to argue unreasonable risk was created by negligence.

I don’t think it would be that hard to convince a jury.

Doesn’t matter though. Not going to court. She’ll plead guilty, but she won’t serve any prison time.
Don’t know, but she was still technically be covering the arrest.

There of course there is inherently dangerous to arrest someone on a warrant. Long history. I think that is the diff between here and oscar grant.

I wouldn’t be shocked if she was watching that cuffing, which was obviously effed. And distracted her.

she probably thought the risk was lowered, and then would have or thought about switching to the taser and just didn’t.

Bruno22

Reaction score
Inference, so you made it up. No one said he deserved to die. Had the police officer not made a mistake he’d still be alive. And he also contributed to his death. He was going to be arrested, just a matter of time. He chose to run. That decision also contributed to his death.
none of that means he deserved it. He didn’t.

Glad I could clear that up for you.
The issue is that now you try to use vocabulary (such as with deserve and contribute) solely based on definition. However, you do not understand inference (it is an intellectual process after all?).

Please look up what it means to infer. Also, please look up the reverse scientific method.

Glad we could clear up how cringe worthy this statement truly was.

howeda7

Reaction score
Ok. Name the story that Fox News hasn’t covered?

I’ve seen you yourself say that Fox News online reports stuff that Fox News tv won’t.

I don’t know how you’d know, but I’ve seen you say that. Now you want to use internet print media as evidence that something is covered by lefty media. You are a lefty gem howie.
Is there a point to this word salad? If I said "no conservative has ever heard about this!" you could certainly point to a Fox News article as proof that I was wrong. But that isn't what you're saying, is it?

Don't forget to take your Prevagen!

howeda7

Reaction score
the story has received very little attention. I doubt it’s been covered much if at all by CNN or MSNBC or even FoxNews. Because it doesn’t fit a predestined narrative they are trying to push. And it doesn’t generate any outrage by anyone. So you haven’t heard of it.
Spoof: "How dare you claim 2 is whining about the Leftist Media!"

Section2

Reaction score
The issue is that now you try to use vocabulary (such as with deserve and contribute) solely based on definition. However, you do not understand inference (it is an intellectual process after all?).

Please look up what it means to infer. Also, please look up the reverse scientific method.

Glad we could clear up how cringe worthy this statement truly was.
I understand inference. I also understand what jammer did here, which was claim something was said explicitly when it wasn’t. And when called on it just said it was inferred. It wasn’t inferred either. He made it up. Glad I could clear that up for you, poster who I’ve never interacted with before who comes in swinging.

Section2

Reaction score
From what I've read Dante Wright was no angel.
look who’s assassinating Dante’s character. Why are you Trayvoning Dante? He didn’t deserve to die Jammer, how dare you infer he did.

howeda7

Reaction score
I mean, did you read that I said Fox News hasn’t covered it either?
None of which changes the fact that that was a 2 paragraph whine about the leftist media which Spoof spent 10 posts insisting it wasn't.

Section2

Reaction score
None of which changes the fact that that was a 2 paragraph whine about the leftist media which Spoof spent 10 posts insisting it wasn't.
Had you heard about the story?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Is there a point to this word salad? If I said "no conservative has ever heard about this!" you could certainly point to a Fox News article as proof that I was wrong. But that isn't what you're saying, is it?

Don't forget to take your Prevagen!
You’ve posted many times that Fox News isn’t covering...

LIAR!

Spoofin

Reaction score
Spoof: "How dare you claim 2 is whining about the Leftist Media!"
More nonsense from you.
More dishonesty from you.
More scrambling from you.
You truly are a dishonest SOB. No other way to put it. I referenced what was said in the posts you quoted and what you accused S2 of saying in those posts (using quotations, none the less). All you have done since is quote other posts and used verbal gymnastics to try and change the narrative. You lied, again. You were busted, again. You showed your true colors, again. And you are scrambling like a mad man. DHB.

stocker08

Reaction score
You know this really needs it's own thread for multiple reasons. Was he angry? Felt entitled? etc.

Look around at the righty posters here. Something as simple as a mask has turned into an ongoing rally cry for freedom with them. Selfishness, entitlement, narcissism.....how dare you tell the old white men party to WEAR A MASK!!! This is the old white man right wing Auschwitz.

Top Bottom