Another Police Related Shooting in the MSP Area?

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Tell that to the Soldier who got pepper sprayed in his brand new Escalade. I think I read he was driving his new Escalade to lazy to double check, maybe Spoof can do it for me.😉
It was a Chevy Tahoe and a guy working in the army is not wealth. Plus he did refuse to pull over for over a mile, but whatever. By the way one of the officers was a nonwhite person so therefore it could not have been racism on his part.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Clever, but fake as hell when you try to force all non-whites to be poor.
So you’re saying a wealthy person of coloring driving a Bentley in Beverly hill is going to be treated the same way as someone driving a 1969 Oldsmobile down Chicago avenue in Minneapolis.
I makes me laugh when all the people attending an Ivy League university come out and say how oppressed they are. BS they are some of the luckiest people in the world no matter their skin color.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
So you’re saying a wealthy person of coloring driving a Bentley in Beverly hill is going to be treated the same way as someone driving a 1969 Oldsmobile down Chicago avenue in Minneapolis.
So as long as you arbitrarily allow a one-off Black to be wealthy and live the good life, all the other Blacks you’re repressing to keep poor, to give yourself a way to claim “it’s not Black, it’s poor!”, is just fine?

Silly

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
So as long as you arbitrarily allow a one-off Black to be wealthy and live the good life, all the other Blacks you’re repressing to keep poor, to give yourself a way to claim “it’s not Black, it’s poor!”, is just fine?

Silly
I’m not allowing or disallowing anything and it’s entirely hypothetical. My stance is that wealth is a greater advantage in the US than the color of your skin.

I’m not MLB and taking away an event in a largely minority city to move it to one of the whitest cities in the us.

stocker08

Reaction score
So - "White Privilege." for me, it is as simple as this - knowing what you know about the state of race relations in this country, if you had a choice, would you choose to be white or black? I think the vast majority of people would choose to be white. Not because being white provides inherent advantages, but because being black can be perceived as a disadvantage.

And - someone asked why people resist arrest? gets back to the same point. If a white person gets pulled over by the cops, unless he or she is a total meth-head dirtbag, they are generally not going to be in fear of their lives. Whether right or wrong, fair or not, in today's climate, when a black person gets pulled over, they are more likely to be wondering if the cops are going to mess with them. Fear makes people do stupid things. And - to be sure - some of the people involved in these situations are not exactly Rhodes Scholars.

it has become a vicious cycle. minorities don't trust that police will treat them fairly. So when minorities get pulled over, they are less likely to comply. which often leads to altercations. which makes minorities less likely to trust the police and vice versa.

Bingo. And you wonder why this U.S. Army Lieutenant was hesitant to put a hand back in the car to unlock his seatbelt.....as these officers....with guns drawn and pointed.....were yelling at him to both show his hands and get out of the vehicle at the same time.

Wally

Reaction score
Why aren't you complaining about it? Not a word WALLACE

Last time I went to the doctor was about 10 years ago, its kind of an out of sight, out of mind kind of thing.
🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Just like how you never see a black person so you have no idea why they might be pissed off... Get it...
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

howeda7

Reaction score
I makes me laugh when all the people attending an Ivy League university come out and say how oppressed they are. BS they are some of the luckiest people in the world no matter their skin color.
It's both. Torii Hunter was forced at gun point to prove to the cop he owned his own house. Does that happen to Mike Trout?

stocker08

Reaction score
It was a Chevy Tahoe and a guy working in the army is not wealth. Plus he did refuse to pull over for over a mile, but whatever. By the way one of the officers was a nonwhite person so therefore it could not have been racism on his part.

He didn't want to pull over on a dark unlit road. As for one of the officers being a "nonwhite person".....you really want to die on that hill?

8e84d3ed8d7ff8e9b57444e52a5412.png

Keep chewing those rocks.

Wally

Reaction score
William Shatner.
You mean Captain Kirk...

Jean Luc Picard blows him out of the water tho.

Every time I see Patrick Stewart lately I morn his inevitable demise. Amazing actor...

Wally

Reaction score

A Brand new Tahoe driven by a white man implies some stature, driven by a black man it implies(you fill in this blank).

Do you have the balls to be honest, I doubt it....

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
It's both. Torii Hunter was forced at gun point to prove to the cop he owned his own house. Does that happen to Mike Trout?
The alarm at his house was going off and cops showed up. No where in the piece did Tori Hunter say what reach the sops were and
Hunter also said at the time he wasn’t “upset.”

“I'm not upset that the cops did their job today. I'm actually glad they were protecting home.”

Attachments

• CE5E2FA8-BDD8-4649-8053-9E684D3E6B4E.jpeg
    CE5E2FA8-BDD8-4649-8053-9E684D3E6B4E.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 3

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
The alarm at his house was going off and cops showed up. No where in the piece did Tori Hunter say what reach the sops were and
Hunter also said at the time he wasn’t “upset.”

“I'm not upset that the cops did their job today. I'm actually glad they were protecting home.”

I had cops show up to my house with their weapons drawn for almost the exact same reason. I was gracious for the response time. They asked for my ID and were cool.

When I lived at the Carlyle downtown, I would constantly be asked if I lived at the building when I was outside waiting for friends/etc.

It's super common.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
They charged her with manslaughter. They are sure setting up future riots when she walks on this one.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
They charged her with manslaughter. They are sure setting up future riots when she walks on this one.
She'll plea guilty, because she is guilty.

It's the matter of the sentencing. I could see no prison time.

STPGopher

Reaction score
When is the last time someone came into your house and threatened to shoot you dead and then choked you out? Did you like it? Was it for $1 or $820, maybe as much as $5K in the "White Privelege"of Mac/Groveland or Highland Park?

NIce to know you are so dismissive of the victims of this guy, I am sure you would just turn the old cheek and compliantly die as a good left wing utopian when confronted.

I live in St. Paul too and it will not end well for any perp that tries that Sh.t in my residence. These scum pistol whipped my neighbor, and other street rats threatened my 82 year old mother and I have had it.

I guess poor Daunte was just trying to "turn his life around" and was yet another innocent victim of our system that failed to hold him accountable for what he did in December 2019.

Maybe his mother, who now is all over the media, should have pulled her head out of her ass and paid some attention to what he was up to. (and the license tabs for that matter)
Look, I empathize with you and any victim of crime. With that said, I am also tired of explaining away poor policing. Especially when that is the topic at hand. I don't know the late Mr. Wright. Call me silly, but I happen to think that he had the right to a trial. What if he is indeed innocent? How many posthumous apologies have we read? How many people have been either proven innocent, or released from prison years later because science/ new evidence proves them innocent?

If he was guilty, then I'd have no problem with him being tried, convicted and incarcerated. We have systems for that. Roadside is not the place.

BarnBurner

Banned
Reaction score
Look, I empathize with you and any victim of crime. With that said, I am also tired of explaining away poor policing. Especially when that is the topic at hand. I don't know the late Mr. Wright. Call me silly, but I happen to think that he had the right to a trial. What if he is indeed innocent? How many posthumous apologies have we read? How many people have been either proven innocent, or released from prison years later because science/ new evidence proves them innocent?

If he was guilty, then I'd have no problem with him being tried, convicted and incarcerated. We have systems for that. Roadside is not the place.
Running, repeatedly, from police doesn’t seem to square with getting a trial. Appears Mr Wright had no interest in anything other than continuing criminal activity.
If he wanted a trial, there wouldn’t have been a warrant. Wouldn’t have been wanted for violent crimes.
Roadside is no place to run from police by getting in a vehicle and putting innocent folks at risk. Perhaps innocent folks only matter sometimes.

Slim Tubby

Reaction score
I would like to have everything on video when I get treated, lets make it happen.
If you start posting naked pics of your a$$ laying on a hospital gurney, I’m switching to the Iowa board permanently. 😎

Top Bottom