Another PG Name

Sounds like a solid recruit with good upside. I think this pretty much shows Tubby isn't willing to wait around for Tharpe to decide this spring (which I agree he shouldn't).

He sounds like a thinner version of Derek Fisher, if I had to make an NBA comparison.

Great 3-point shot, solid passer, but not quick enough for smaller guards. I would definitely be just fine with him being a Gopher!

Hadn't heard the name for awhile.. he was at Mountain State Academy in West VA with the big Kilicli kid that played for Huggy Bear last year after a lengthy suspension.. but that was 08-09. At that time, Cam/John was a '10.

Went back and played in Turkey last season and now is reappearing in Jacksonville at troubled Arlington Country Day as an '11.

Likes to launch the trey, but was only 33.8% last season from beyond the arc:

2009-10 statistics

Can someone translate this?: http://www.basketligi.com/can-korkmazdan-time-out/

Hadn't heard the name for awhile.. he was at Mountain State Academy in West VA with the big Kilicli kid that played for Huggy Bear last year after a lengthy suspension.. but that was 08-09. At that time, Cam/John was a '10.

Went back and played in Turkey last season and now is reappearing in Jacksonville at troubled Arlington Country Day as an '11.

2009-10 statistics

The stats say he did not have a single turnover in the 09-10 season ... wow

This is what google chrome was able to do for translating also ...

Education and the lives of basketball with the United States Marine Sword continues in the same school Can Korkmaz, Pertevniyal young team in Turkey Championship with a break of 2 months before returning to Turkey to give support. Can Korkmaz education here in America during this time also able to continue.

Can we talk about here, I'm not done with the final return leg powder Do not get me wrong, I will stay in America until the end of my life training. If there is a significant setback, Efes Pilsen As for me, such an offer in this 2-month period, my team thought it would be useful. Here, I took a preliminary match, was not bad but could be better than a lot of changes to the championship.

The team missed the most out of what his friends saying that the Carter family and the Efes Pilsen basketball in America in his first season, he adds what the advantages and disadvantages according to the ratio of what is happening in Turkey now listen to their own mouth.

America's character and personal development was the most important thing to me, it adds. Turkey, while sometimes shaking head coaches said something about me passing and always thought of myself to know. But when it comes to America I realized that every step koşmadığın not do not do any exercise, even the importance of every defense there. Because now I begin to see what is right and wrong, of course, in this Monti'nin (Naval Sword) have too large a share.

As for the disadvantage, not easy to break off from where you're used to now, when I came to a matter of fact I have already kopamadım so different than all the sincere and genuine to me than before, so I need to work more than usual to be better than before. So I spent most of a season, plus it adds to my "maturity" was that one of the most important things for me.

Can Korkmaz generation from below detection for the proposal and have a few: America is a very different place, but everyone has a certain ability to not let anyone and everyone I work with yetenekliyim he trying to prove one is better than another. Both matches took the initiative by holding each other and smash into the empty hall, throwing, etc. days. In Turkey, a certain talent, and most people are on a good to you says "I'm already saying," Relax bırakabiliyorsun work but on the contrary, that "I feel even better can, "he got more work. Turkey told me that every coach he plays more, but I relax at home or going out after a while, I preferred to spend time, now that you can understand the need to move to a better life, "it does not need to be basketball," but you have to try to have a lot to anyone dinletemezsen they need to understand the living. Şanslıymışım that I understood it when I was 16.

Well here Can Korkmaz said they knew Campbell's knows a little too aggressive and talkative is not a player. Can not communicate in a comfortable, his nose is falling down somewhere, sometimes in vain to take a bend in the living room or passing through a very difficult match your side saying hello to you even if the probability that a greeting verse şaşıracağınız structure from where you come in you see a player a year. Adds a lot of young players out of longing for family in America can understand. Although in the end of Carter's words, "I think it actually has nothing to do with America, everything ends up in one's own says" de Steve Jobs (Apple CEO water and one of the biggest names in the business world), says, "life in your head sometimes with the need to hit the bricks "...

Source: istanbulbasket.org

2009-10 statistics

ACD produced 2 UC Bearcat recruits in 2010 - neither seems trouble to me.

ACD produced 2 UC Bearcat recruits in 2010 - neither seems trouble to me.

ACDS has produced many fine players - I was referring to the school (including many fines, the fiasco(s) in 2008, the recent withdrawal from the Florida HS Athletic Association, etc.).

scher215 said:
his nose is falling down somewhere

Thanks for the translation... this was my favorite part.

I wouldn't worry about this kid. The track record of Turkish guards in the NCAA can't be very good - seriously, name me one great Turkish PG. I don't think you can. Tharpe is the one Tubby needs to get.

Dogus Balbay from Texas? I'm with you OSUfan, when I read his profile, before I saw that he was from Turkey, Balbay was the name that emerged in my thoughts and then to see he was from Turkey, it just reaffirmed Balbay's name. Probably not fair to this kid, but I'm lukewarm on him at this stage of the game.

I wouldn't worry about this kid. The track record of Turkish guards in the NCAA can't be very good - seriously, name me one great Turkish PG. I don't think you can. Tharpe is the one Tubby needs to get.

Turkey made the finals of FIBA world championship in 2010 so they produce some good players.

Balbay is definitely not great - high BB IQ, but not athletic or very skilled. One of the reasons Texas struggled at the end of last year even though they had three NBA draft picks was they couldn't find quality PG play.

Turkish guards, specifically point guards, in the NCAA is the topic - bigs are irrelevant to this topic. Turkey has some quality players with size, but when it comes to a position like PG that requires great athleticism/quickness, no question Turkey has not produced many players to perform well at that position, whether in the NCAA or NBA.

Turkish guards, specifically point guards, in the NCAA is the topic - bigs are irrelevant to this topic. Turkey has some quality players with size, but when it comes to a position like PG that requires great athleticism/quickness, no question Turkey has not produced many players to perform well at that position, whether in the NCAA or NBA.

I watched the FIBA games. They had good G play, too.

Fact: ZERO Turkish PGs have ever played a single game in the NBA.
Fact: the shortest Turk to ever play ANY games in the NBA was 6'6" (and those two only played a combined 22 games)
Fact: the shortest Turk that is "active" in the NBA is 6'9"

I have yet to see a quality Turkish PG in the NCAA or NBA, and there probably has never been one (certainly there's never been one in the NBA).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Turkish_NBA_players

Fact: ZERO Turkish PGs have ever played a single game in the NBA.
Fact: the shortest Turk to ever play ANY games in the NBA was 6'6" (and those two only played a combined 22 games)
Fact: the shortest Turk that is "active" in the NBA is 6'9"

I have yet to see a quality Turkish PG in the NCAA or NBA, and there probably has never been one (certainly there's never been one in the NBA).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Turkish_NBA_players

You should have watched the FIBA competition. Turkey had several good G.

A Turkish friend of mine translated.[/B]

This is an interview with Can Korkmaz. They asked him what he thinks some advantages and disadvantages are of playing basketball in America. Can says that people here are very determined and you realize that you have to work hard to succeed. He says that he learned the significance of every sprint, every workout, every extra day in the gym. Also, he saw that you can't be a one-dimensional player and that you have to work on every aspect of your game. In Turkey if someone says you are good you just put that on your hat and move on with your life but it's quite different here he claims. No one gives you anything and everyone is always trying to outdo the next person. He also says that he misses his family and that he wants to finish his education here in the states and eventually go back to Turkey and play professionally for Efes Pilsen (big time Euro club).

At the end of the interview the interviewer says that Can used to be quite shy and that he was not really assertive but now he has made strides since he has left Turkey. Kind of a vague statement not really a good thing for a point guard. The article doesn't really say much about his skills or his make-up as a player except that he has a 10 inch vertical and that he can't go to this left...OK, I made that last stuff up. I have contacted my good friend in Turkey who is a major Efes Pilsen fan. I have asked him for some info on this Can character, how do you pronounce this name anyway?. I'm pretty sure we will get a scouting report.

Yeah, judging off that link (not much to go on) this kid sounds slow...if he's getting out muscled by smaller guards in FL HS ball, he will be eaten alive in the Big Ten.

He's never played Fla HS basketball before. This is his first year at ACD in Jax.

Top Bottom