Another Iowa RB in trouble

Parski1

Banned
Reaction score
Gotta laugh at this Iowa RB mess........

Iowa football player cited for theft
Posted July 16, 2012 4:50 pm by Gregg Hennigan/SourceMedia Group News
UPDATED 4:50 p.m. with comment from team spokesman; 3:15 p.m. to correct spelling of “Wylde Green Road.”

IOWA CITY – A University of Iowa reserve running back was cited by Coralville police last Friday after allegedly changing the price tag on a shirt to a lower value at a department store.

Marcus A. Binns, 21, faces a charge of fifth-degree theft for the incident at the Dillard’s in Coral Ridge Mall.

Police were called to the store at 6:30 p.m. July 13 after a security officer saw Binns switch tags from one shirt to another, changing the value from $75 to $17.32, according to a criminal complaint.

Coralville police Lt. Shane Kron said Binns had purchased the shirt and was then confronted about changing the price tags.

Binns, of 806 Wylde Green Rd., Iowa City, was not arrested and instead signed the complaint and was released, as is common for such a charge, Kron said.

The complaint says Binns is to appear at the Johnson County Courthouse on Aug. 1.

Fifth-degree theft is a simple misdemeanor punishable by up to 30 days in jail and a $625 fine.

Binns, a sophomore walk-on from St. Paul, Minn., did not play in a game last season. He is the younger brother of former Iowa defensive lineman Broderick Binns.

Iowa Sports Information Director Steve Roe said coaches were aware of the incident, would let the legal process play out and Binns would be subject to the school’s student-athlete code of conduct. He declined to comment further.

Shoot, he is from St. Paul? I am no longer laughing at Iowa's mis-fortunes, and am now a little embarrassed...

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

Shoot, he is from St. Paul? I am no longer laughing at Iowa's mis-fortunes, and am now a little embarrassed...

This is what happens when regular people move to Iowa, they go crazy.

I believe the only person that's been able to break that tragic mold is "Gopher in Iowa". He seems to be unaffected.

It's almost like Iowa running backs run their 40-yard dashes (electronically timed of course) while being chased by a cop.

We are going to have to come up with some sort of unique identifyer to attach to the "Iowa running Back in trouble/injured" threads. It is getting too difficult to keep them straight.

Heard they're looking to hire a parole officer as their new RB coach

We are going to have to come up with some sort of unique identifyer to attach to the "Iowa running Back in trouble/injured" threads. It is getting too difficult to keep them straight.

This one's been around for years. Feel free to use it: AIRBHG.
Stands for Angry Iowa Running Back Hating God.

This is what happens when regular people move to Iowa, they go crazy.

I believe the only person that's been able to break that tragic mold is "Gopher in Iowa". He seems to be unaffected.

If you're referring to me, it's because I make plenty of trips across the Mississippi into Illinois just to shake off the "crazy".

I forgot that he ended up at Iowa. I know he initially went to North Dakota, he must've walked on to Iowa to play on the same team as his brother.

I think it is AGHIRB

Angry God Hates Iowa Running Backs.

AGHIRB is incorrect:

AIRBHG is an acronym, which stands for 'Angry Iowa Running Back Hating God'. It's existence was first noted by the sports blog Black Heart, Gold Pants. Running backs who have played for the Iowa Hawkeyes during the Kirk Ferentz era have had a surprising, if not shocking string of bad luck. The only plausible explanation is that of an otherworldly force at play. Enter AIRBHG

AGHIRB is incorrect:

AIRBHG is an acronym, which stands for 'Angry Iowa Running Back Hating God'. It's existence was first noted by the sports blog Black Heart, Gold Pants. Running backs who have played for the Iowa Hawkeyes during the Kirk Ferentz era have had a surprising, if not shocking string of bad luck. The only plausible explanation is that of an otherworldly force at play. Enter AIRBHG

I don't really consider when someone gets busted for stealing, doing drugs or knocks up their HS GF it is really a product of bad luck. The Iowa running backs have bad "luck" in the same way the Bloods seem to be running into "bad luck".

AGHIRB is incorrect:

You are right, I stand corrected.

I don't really consider when someone gets busted for stealing, doing drugs or knocks up their HS GF it is really a product of bad luck. The Iowa running backs have bad "luck" in the same way the Bloods seem to be running into "bad luck".

Lighten up, Francis. That was written by a poster on another site with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Hawkeye football coach: RB cited for theft no longer on Iowa football squad

Marcus Binns was a non-member of the Iowa football team even before the reserve running back was cited for misdemeanor theft last Friday, according to a university press release Tuesday.

“Due to injuries, Marcus Binns has not been an active member of the Iowa football program for over one calendar year,” coach Kirk Ferentz said in the statement. “Following the completion of spring practice, it was determined Marcus is no longer a part of the football team.”

Binns, 21, was charged after allegedly switching tags on shirts at a store in the Coral Ridge Mall.

Binns, brother of former Iowa defensive end Broderick Binns, did not play last season.

SoMplsHawkI said:
Marcus Binns was a non-member of the Iowa football team even before the reserve running back was cited for misdemeanor theft last Friday, according to a university press release Tuesday.

“Due to injuries, Marcus Binns has not been an active member of the Iowa football program for over one calendar year,” coach Kirk Ferentz said in the statement. “Following the completion of spring practice, it was determined Marcus is no longer a part of the football team.”

Binns, 21, was charged after allegedly switching tags on shirts at a store in the Coral Ridge Mall.

Binns, brother of former Iowa defensive end Broderick Binns, did not play last season.
Of course he is NO LONGER part of the football team - and neither is Coker! Nice job recruiting bonehead RB's Iowa.

It's that what they call good luck in Iowa?

In addition to the running back syndrome, Iowa women's basketball has had a run of unbelievable bad luck with injuries. However, this one is not injury-related and also involves a former Minnesota high school player. She was so drunk she was making out with a guy on the sidewalk!

Of course he is NO LONGER part of the football team - and neither is Coker! Nice job recruiting bonehead RB's Iowa.

I don't think Iowa really recruited Marcus Binns. I am pretty certain he was a walk-on, at least he arrived to Iowa as a walk-on. He initially signed with North Dakota and I think he just switched to Iowa because his brother went there.

I don't think Iowa really recruited Marcus Binns. I am pretty certain he was a walk-on, at least he arrived to Iowa as a walk-on. He initially signed with North Dakota and I think he just switched to Iowa because of availability of weed.

FIFY

AIRBHG is back! RT @marcmorehouse: Iowa RB De’Andre Johnson charged with disorderly house last night.

Looks like Capt. Kirk is running a real tight ship down there. What player is responsible for running the crackhouse this year now that DJK has moved on to prison?

I hope Jeff Jones knows what happens to Iowa RB's and keeps that at the forefront of his mind while he is there this weekend.

Top Bottom