Andries Lands on Outland Award Watch List

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

The Football Writers Association of America announced the preseason watch list for the 2020 Outland Trophy today and Minnesota's Blaise Andries was one of the 85 names on the list.

The Outland Trophy, now in its 75th year, is the third-oldest major college football award. Created in 1946 when Dr. John Outland presented the FWAA with a financial contribution to initiate the award, the Outland Trophy has been given to the best interior lineman in college football ever since.

Go Gophers!!

Kid's had extensive playing time at both guard spots and a couple spot starts at each tackle position. A Swiss army knife if you will...and he's just a junior

Should go on to have a nice little professional career if that's what he wants.

We're proud of you. I'm guessing the nice wholesome folks of Marshall are proud as well.

I said it when he committed, this kid will be an "All B1G" player for us.

Line was arguably better with him at RT. He has been fantastic.

The big Fella is versatile on the field. He will make good coin either way (or more likely both ways) NFL or Actuary.

Do you think he will finally settle in to a permanent position on the line for his last two years? Or will they continue to move him around? And if they continue to move him around, does that hurt his draft status?

Do you think he will finally settle in to a permanent position on the line for his last two years? Or will they continue to move him around? And if they continue to move him around, does that hurt his draft status?
I believe it will help him. NFL coaches know that when they are in a pinch they can move him if necessary. Meanwhile he'll get stronger and smarter yet playing one position only. I believe he is in pretty good shape as far as the NFL goes.

Top Bottom