Andre McDonald Commits to Gophers

Of course you don't get it. Why would a Junior want to commit now and have a real life his Senior year? Why would he want to concentrate on just having fun playing football and going to school? What does a 17 year old know? Why would he want to get his degree early and enroll at the U next January? Why would he be so dumb to do these things? Why?

cool dude. Glad I could piss you off

He's a receiver.

Yeah, I was looking at the new RB from Cali. Sorry. Cedric Thompson is listed as a CB, which he played sparingly in HS. Great stats and his film looks fantastic as a running back. There is no way he will be a CB for the Goph's. He will most definitely be a RB unless the coaching staff is completely insane and overly focused at CB.

Yeah, I was looking at the new RB from Cali. Sorry. Cedric Thompson is listed as a CB, which he played sparingly in HS. Great stats and his film looks fantastic as a running back. There is no way he will be a CB for the Goph's. He will most definitely be a RB unless the coaching staff is completely insane and overly focused at CB.

I'm pretty positive they are bringing him in as a DB. :cool:

Thanks for remaining in GOLD COUNTRY!!

We look forward to watching you dominate on Saturdays!!!

NOTE to Skeptics---Take the young man at his word. Enough of the 'he is just using us to get more/better offers'....let's embrace him and this good news at what it is--TRUTH.

I completely agree with you. At this stage in the game, I am not confident at all that these players who commit this early will be signing their LOI with the gophers in 2012. It's such a long process and so much can happen. Andre is one that I would be super pissed to lose though.

Minnesota kids that commit this early rarely waiver. Farrow is the rare exception but he stated the day after he committed that he was going to take other visits (aka 'saving a spot' and not really committed). Tommy Olson, Jimmy Gjere, Lamonte Edwards, Moses Alipate, etc.

They are generally committing to Minnesota this early because they grew up dreaming of the opportunity to be a Gopher so it doesn't really matter who else offers.

If he qualifies for classes, he can enroll at the U and still play HS basketball. Kids do it all the time.

Kids may do it but I've never heard of one playing HS basketball while being on scholarship for football. Even in the offseason players have a lot of things going on like winter workouts, spring practice, etc. I doubt the football team would let him. That is a lot to ask a 17-18 year old to handle in his first semester of school.

Kids may do it but I've never heard of one playing HS basketball while being on scholarship for football. Even in the offseason players have a lot of things going on like winter workouts, spring practice, etc. I doubt the football team would let him. That is a lot to ask a 17-18 year old to handle in his first semester of school.

Maybe they would not have him participate in anything until his basketball season is over. He would be done with basketball before spring ball starts so at the very least he would get to participate in that. It's not the same as him participating in the winter workouts, but it's better than not enrolling until the summer or fall.

Don't know if they would do that or not, but might work if he really wants to play basketball his senior year.

I found this pretty cool from Andre's facebook

Philip Nelson
you know id love throwing to you... and i love the staff, but i got a couple more junior days coming up so im gonna check that out and after all this happens im sure ill make a decision before next season.
5 hours ago · View Feedback (2)Hide Feedback (2)

Andre McDonald yeah dude that would be great ha we would be a dominant force in college football. gophers are gunna rise up bro and no one will see it coming im excited for this.
about an hour ago · 1 person

Looks like Andre is doing some recruiting of his own

AM committing early and convincing others to get on board. Love it, sounds like captain material in a few years.

I found this pretty cool from Andre's facebook

Philip Nelson
you know id love throwing to you... and i love the staff, but i got a couple more junior days coming up so im gonna check that out and after all this happens im sure ill make a decision before next season.
5 hours ago · View Feedback (2)Hide Feedback (2)

Andre McDonald yeah dude that would be great ha we would be a dominant force in college football. gophers are gunna rise up bro and no one will see it coming im excited for this.
about an hour ago · 1 person

Looks like Andre is doing some recruiting of his own

This is the best thing I have seen in a while. A Wisconsin born, Badger bred football player; saying very positive things about Minnesota. Even though we may not get him if he gets that Badger offer, it is really nice that the staff is making such a positive initial impact to these kids. I am super excited for this recruiting class and this season.

I cannot wait to see where the gophers stand three years from now and how they are viewed within the state's high schools! Keep this up Andre and we will rise up in an unexpected fashion if you can help keep the homestate recruits such as yourself from leaving the state! Like others on this forum, I'm too am a firm believer that the skeleton of this football team can be successfully made from instate recruits (see WI) and can be pretty damn successful!

Top Bottom