And then there were two...

EE_Gopher

Reaction score
Michigan St. and Minnesota are the two remaining teams with a chance to win the Legends...

Go You Northwestern!!! Everybody now...

So what are the scenarios now? MSU must loose to NW next week and we beat WI....and then we beat MSU? Wow...that's like me owning a Lamborghini! Oh wait...I do!! Go Gophers!!

So what are the scenarios now? MSU must loose to NW next week and we beat WI....and then we beat MSU? Wow...that's like me owning a Lamborghini! Oh wait...I do!! Go Gophers!!

#subtlebrag

Sole ownership of 2nd place in the Legends division.
How cool is that?

In today's games MSU looked more beatable. Wisconsin was a scoring machine with a great defense. And poor Northwestern!

How badly does NW want to go to a bowl? It's not possible if they can't beat Sparty.

In today's games MSU looked more beatable. Wisconsin was a scoring machine with a great defense. And poor Northwestern!

I agree. I think we have a better chance to beat MSU than Wisconsin. If it wasn't for bad luck, NW wouldn't have any luck.

No matter how unlikely it is that we win the division, it's still pretty cool that we still have a shot.

It's possible the MSU vs Northwestern game will be at 11 am and our game will be 2:30. Imagine how crazy it would be if Northwestern beats MSU and we'd be watching the Battle for the Axe when a victory would mean essentially a play-in game to the big ten championship. I know it's not likely but you never know!

It's possible the MSU vs Northwestern game will be at 11 am and our game will be 2:30. Imagine how crazy it would be if Northwestern beats MSU and we'd be watching the Battle for the Axe when a victory would mean essentially a play-in game to the big ten championship. I know it's not likely but you never know!
:clap:

Christmas!!!!

Big deal. I own a Jeep.

Not to boast *ahem* but I tossed out some scenarios where the Gophers finish 12-2. Those that ridiculed me saying too many crazy, out-of-our-control things had to happen, raise your hands. Now, we're down to Northwestern upsetting Sparty as the only thing we don't control. MSU might win this Saturday, we might lose our last three. Those bets would get you decent odds in Vegas. Isn't it fun to have the chance, though?

I was torn during the Michigan-Northwestern game, unable to decide which result improved the chances for this week. If the entire Wildcat team and fan base hasn't committed suicide and shows up this Saturday, how can they possibly have any mental toughness left? How big of a lead do they need to have in the 4th quarter to hang on for a W? If they have a start like Nebraska, they'll fold. But, if someone can convince them they had Ohio by 10 with less than 20 minutes left...

After looking unbeatable for a few weeks, Sparty is back to normal. How many times did Nebraska hand them that win and find themselves a TD away from the upset? My thought is that MSU won't view the game as a gift, will feel like it's on a roll and how about this statement "will look past NW to the game against Minnesota." Sparty, on the road for the second straight week...goes down! Then they watch the Gophers thump Wisc and are on their heels for our season finale visit.

Michigan State playing at Northwestern will be more like a road game for the Wildcats. NU's fan base sucks, and the MSU faithful will fill that place with green and white, especially considering all that's at stake. I'll be surprised if Sparty doesn't pound NU by at least 15-20 points. Their defense should be especially salty after Nebraska put up some decent numbers against 'em this weekend. Expect to hear a ton of "Go Green, Go White" in the background if you're watching that one Saturday.

If MSU was going to be playing one of the winless B1G teams, I'm glad its NU. Northwestern put themselves in a position where they could have beaten both Nebraska and Michigan. They choked hard in both games, but they showed that if they can pull their heads out of their arses in the fourth quarter, they can compete with better competition. They certainly haven't looked as bad as Illinois or Purdue.

There are only 3 possible CCG matchups left (MSU vs OSU, Minnesota vs OSU, and MSU vs Wisconsin). To be in that mix at this point, albeit with a very tiny chance, is pretty awesome.

Top Bottom