And Another Thing

TiredOleGopher

Reaction score
From time to time I read opinions expressed on this board that Minnesota is the “Siberia of College Football” and comments like “Why would athletes come here to play?” As a former resident of the Twin Cities I am completely bewildered by these comments. In my professional career I have resided in Bloomington, MN; Columbus, OH; Champaign, IL; Detroit, MI; Indianapolis, IN; New Orleans, LA; Los Angeles and Fresno, CA; Seattle, WA and Boise, ID.

I can tell you that of all the places I have ever lived none remotely compare to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. The opportunities for recreation are endless here. The NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB are all represented in the twin cities. For outdoor enthusiast it is difficult to match the lake country north of the Twin Cities and the north coast of Lake Superior. The parks, recreation, restaurants, and cultural opportunities of Minneapolis/St. Paul are absolutely extraordinary. Have you ever been to Boise, Lincoln or Iowa City? Not to detract from these areas but IMHO they don’t hold a candle to Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Sure we need a basketball practice facility and yes it will be great when Siebert Field has been renovated but have you been to TCF Stadium yet? Have you visited the Gibson-Nagurski facility? These facilities are second to none. And from an educational point of view the “U” is nationally recognized in many academic areas.

Why people feel that Minnesota would not be attractive to top High School athletes from around the nation is a complete mystery to me!.

Top Bottom