Amir Coffey has agreed to a three-year, $11M deal with the Clippers

Yeah, good for Amir. (Dang, Bill Duffy just keeps chugging along making that money.)

Awesome that he was able to capitalize on the opportunity he got due to the Paul George injury and turn it into a nice contract.

With the insanity of NBA contracts now (I mean, Jalen Brunson just got $104M over 4 years) I was honestly surprised Amir’s contract is as modest as it is. Granted, $11M is really nice money, but he’s proven he can play in the league as a versatile wing so I was thinking someone would pay him between $5M—$6M per year. Maybe he can really cash in on his next contract when he’s still only 28.

With the insanity of NBA contracts now (I mean, Jalen Brunson just got $104M over 4 years) I was honestly surprised Amir’s contract is as modest as it is. Granted, $11M is really nice money, but he’s proven he can play in the league as a versatile wing so I was thinking someone would pay him between $5M—$6M per year. Maybe he can really cash in on his next contract when he’s still only 28.
I thought he'd make more too.

Good get for the Clips, he might have gotten a little more elsewhere but hard to leave the only team that believed in you. And LA is amazing :)

Good get for the Clips, he might have gotten a little more elsewhere but hard to leave the only team that believed in you. And LA is amazing :)
So true. He may have signed elsewhere for more, and end up riding the pine.

I agree. With the kind of money bench players get in the NBA I would have thought it would be more. I'm sure I can accumulate that type of cash myself... if I live...Maybe 50 more years?

Top Bottom