America’s Unequal Economic Recovery

Spoofin

Reaction score
Walz right on board with the redistribution of wealth.

Minnesota projected surplus of $1.6 Billion, so what should we do...
Raise taxes. No worries, just on the high earners and corporations. They don't need all that money anyways.
Also, lets give the unemployed more incentive not to go back to work by forgiving income taxes on unemployment payments.

Wally

Reaction score
Walz right on board with the redistribution of wealth.

Minnesota projected surplus of $1.6 Billion, so what should we do...
Raise taxes. No worries, just on the high earners and corporations. They don't need all that money anyways.
Also, lets give the unemployed more incentive not to go back to work by forgiving income taxes on unemployment payments.

He needs a starting point to negotiate with Republicans in the Senate, relax.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
I can say with an extremely high degree of certainty that AOC doesn't pay anybody a damn thing. Someone somewhere within the government might be paying the interns something but there's no way in hell AOC is paying any intern a nickel of her money. "She" might as well pay them $30/hr

Wally

Reaction score
I can say with an extremely high degree of certainty that AOC doesn't pay anybody a damn thing. Someone somewhere within the government might be paying the interns something but there's no way in hell AOC is paying any intern a nickel of her money. "She" might as well pay them $30/hr

Then why isn't the rest of congress paying their interns?

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score

This is officially a stupid post.

Spoofin

Reaction score
You're stupid enough to be shocked by this?

Unintended consequences; should be the permanent Democratic party platform
Stores that already were not doing well being mandated to lose more money by raising wages and there is OUTRAGE they are going to close? You can’t be that dumb. Maybe you can be and that is why some D’s think $15 min. wage will work. Wait! What? Companies won’t just agree to make less or lose money? 😳😳😳

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Stores that already were not doing well being mandated to lose more money by raising wages and there is OUTRAGE they are going to close? You can’t be that dumb. Maybe you can be and that is why some D’s think $15 min. wage will work. Wait! What? Companies won’t just agree to make less or lose money? 😳😳😳
The problem a lot of these incompetent buffoons can't get their head around (granted, they should be given some slack because they've never been entrusted to manage or run a business of any kind), is that a HUGE portion of the types of businesses that are or will be affected by a $15/hr minimum wage have absolutely RAZOR thin margins to work with as it is; like 1-3%. And you want them to absorb a 10, 15 or 20% or more increase in labor.

Absolutely genius

Wally

Reaction score
The problem a lot of these incompetent buffoons can't get their head around (granted, they should be given some slack because they've never been entrusted to manage or run a business of any kind), is that a HUGE portion of the types of businesses that are or will be affected by a $15/hr minimum wage have absolutely RAZOR thin margins to work with as it is; like 1-3%. And you want them to absorb a 10, 15 or 20% or more increase in labor.

Absolutely genius

They will have more customers with more money. Some prices would have to rise.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Gee you mean when you closed stores down and told people not to leave their homes a business that ships them goods made money. I’ll be damned.
Sorry dude - we are now supposed to look down on anyone who is rich or made money during 2020. We are building a society based on entitlement and jealousy.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Sorry dude - we are now supposed to look down on anyone who is rich or made money during 2020. We are building a society based on entitlement and jealousy.
Huh? Nobody is saying that. It makes zero difference when the money was made. News flash: Bezos was like a millionaire or maybe even more prior to 2020. 🙄 Kinda missing the point, don’t you think? A lot of people give you a lot of crap on this board. I suspect it’s for comments like this one. Why do you take positions like this one?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Huh? Nobody is saying that. It makes zero difference when the money was made. News flash: Bezos was like a millionaire or maybe even more prior to 2020. 🙄 Kinda missing the point, don’t you think? A lot of people give you a lot of crap on this board. I suspect it’s for comments like this one. Why do you take positions like this one?
What do you think the point was of Broke’s post with the “American Tax Fairness” tweet? Not even mentioning that in the other tax talk on here in the last week where we’ve been told “they don’t need that”, “they won’t feel it”, “nobody needs that much”, etc.

GopherJake

Reaction score
What do you think the point was of Broke’s post with the “American Tax Fairness” tweet? Not even mentioning that in the other tax talk on here in the last week where we’ve been told “they don’t need that”, “they won’t feel it”, “nobody needs that much”, etc.
I haven’t tracked it all, but I’m pretty sure it’s something along the lines of:

Income inequality is at an all-time high in the wealthiest country on the planet and unions are a possible way to reverse that, we should discuss it with some of the major players, particularly the wealthy opponents that benefit. Particularly since 2020 may have been one of the worst years for income inequality.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I haven’t tracked it all, but I’m pretty sure it’s something along the lines of:

Income inequality is at an all-time high in the wealthiest country on the planet and unions are a possible way to reverse that, we should discuss it with some of the major players, particularly the wealthy opponents that benefit. Particularly since 2020 may have been one of the worst years for income inequality.
America is the land of opportunity and with that comes self accountability. I spend 0 time each day worrying about income inequality and even that seems like too much.

GopherJake

Reaction score
America is the land of opportunity and with that comes self accountability. I spend 0 time each day worrying about income inequality and even that seems like too much.
Great. Other people do. And that’s their right. Side note, you appear to be using a lot of your time concerning yourself with posts here related to income inequality. The people in the post you referenced are in fact being self-accountable. They are trying to unite to increase their power.

Stop taking stupid positions and you’ll get less flack. I’m one here that thinks you are better than that.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score

Ummmmm.... what? Unions of today don't do anything other than feed unions and the union machine. I'm pretty sure you know better

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score

Government mandates and intervention in 2020 basically drove that income equality expanding. The government picked large corporations as winners in 2020 by allowing them to stay open and here we are.

you know why companies like Amazon, Costco, and target pay such a high wage? They can afford to do so based on their size. It also allows them to hurt competition as other smaller companies won’t be able to pay such a high wage based on their tight margins. That in turn decreases competition and the big guys get bigger. Plus as a bonus it makes them look like they care.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Government mandates and intervention in 2020 basically drove that income equality expanding. The government picked large corporations as winners in 2020 by allowing them to stay open and here we are.
No question about it. So what? So don't fight against it?
you know why companies like Amazon, Costco, and target pay such a high wage? They can afford to do so based on their size. It also allows them to hurt competition as other smaller companies won’t be able to pay such a high wage based on their tight margins. That in turn decreases competition and the big guys get bigger. Plus as a bonus it makes them look like they care.
What is that you are saying?

Top Bottom