America’s Unequal Economic Recovery

kg21

Reaction score
Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis: “We can have vast wealth in the hands of a few, or we can have democracy. But we cannot have both.”
So does that mean we are not a current democracy? Remember, the left is continually crying that we almost lost our democracy on 1/6?

So are we a democracy or not? Pick one, and then tell your loony leftist leaders to do the same.

Wally

Reaction score
So does that mean we are not a current democracy? Remember, the left is continually crying that we almost lost our democracy on 1/6?

So are we a democracy or not? Pick one, and then tell your loony leftist leaders to do the same.

kg says, Let the Elites rule!!!

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Dan is upset about 10 guys in a country of over 330,000,000.

I just never understood the obsession over what OTHER people are making. I just don't get it. Seems like there are bigger problems to think about than what some complete stranger is doing and what they are making.

Gotta keep cranking out that faux outrage though, even though I would imagine a massive majority of Dan's 10 evil rich people are card-carrying blue folks

Forest for the trees, Dan.... forest for the trees...

Reactions: SDR

kg21

Reaction score

I just never understood the obsession over what OTHER people are making. I just don't get it. Seems like there are bigger problems to think about than what some complete stranger is doing and what they are making.

Gotta keep cranking out that faux outrage though, even though I would imagine a massive majority of Dan's 10 evil rich people are card-carrying blue folks

Forest for the trees, Dan.... forest for the trees...
Ogee.....it's the billionaires that are the problem.

Not the multi-millionaires like Schumer, Pelosi, and Biden who continually f--- this country over for decades and make their money by turning us communist. They are good for the country.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I call BS in his “lower tax rate” and the 5-million propaganda he cites.
Easy - jealousy. 100%. Closed case.
The funny part is that folks like @Go4Broke can’t see Dan for what he is - a complete self promoter. They are such sheep.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Greed won't get you where you want.
I feel sorry for you.
This is a little bit too much for a simpleton like yourself to grasp but there's a line between greed and ambition, motivation, work ethic, goal-oriented, hard-working, etc.

You label achievers and high-earners as greedy because it makes you feel a LITTLE less shitty about not having achieved any level of success. Hey, you're not alone, it works for a lot of people who are for some unknown reason obsessed with what OTHER people are doing and what other people are making. Makes no sense, but you're certainly not alone

TRF Guy

Reaction score
This is a little bit too much for a simpleton like yourself to grasp but there's a line between greed and ambition, motivation, work ethic, goal-oriented, hard-working, etc.

You label achievers and high-earners as greedy because it makes you feel a LITTLE less shitty about not having achieved any level of success. Hey, you're not alone, it works for a lot of people who are for some unknown reason obsessed with what OTHER people are doing and what other people are making. Makes no sense, but you're certainly not alone
C9AB8878-2AFE-4518-B738-ACA57FBC2030.jpeg

Wally

Reaction score
You label achievers and high-earners as greedy

No it has nothing to do with what you achieve.

Many of the the greedy have achieved nothing, this place is full of them. They just don't want to contribute to society, don't acknowledge that their success is dependent on societies success and don't acknowledge how lucky they have been. These high achievers would for the most part be nothing if they weren't born into their circumstances.

What about these high achievers?

because it makes you feel a LITTLE less shitty about not having achieved any level of success. Hey, you're not alone, it works for a lot of people who are for some unknown reason obsessed with what OTHER people are doing and what other people are making.

This just says alot about your prejudice. You are assuming I even desire to achieve whatever you call success. I don't. I am happy raising my kids and living life.

Wally

Reaction score
obsessed with what OTHER people are doing and what other people are making

When these people buy off the government and own most of the assets of the country only a moron wouldn't be concerned about them.

What's funny is all the dummies making $100-200k a year who think they are rich and think I am talking about them. That's funny.

Blizzard

Reaction score
No it has nothing to do with what you achieve.

Many of the the greedy have achieved nothing, this place is full of them. They just don't want to contribute to society, don't acknowledge that their success is dependent on societies success and don't acknowledge how lucky they have been. These high achievers would for the most part be nothing if they weren't born into their circumstances.

What about these high achievers?

This just says alot about your prejudice. You are assuming I even desire to achieve whatever you call success. I don't. I am happy raising my kids and living life.

If you measure success by posting on a messageboard day and night about politics I would suggest you reorder your priorities.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Biggest fallacy ever.

Explain why a wealthy/successful person would want someone else to succeed other than purity of their heart.

Are you a prosperity gospel nutjob?
You continue to show what a fool you are, pretty much across the board.

I want all of my competitors to do well, almost across the board (with the possible exception of ones who I feel act unethically or have screwed us over on previous work). A rising tide lifts all boats, and honestly, I want all of my competitors to win more work and stay busy because it takes some of the focus off my firm winning too much work. They whine a lot less about our success when they get work themselves, so hell YES, I want my competition to do well, just not when I'm competing against them on a pursuit that I really want. I want more work to come out, more projects, spread the wealth, it's good for everyone.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
When these people buy off the government and own most of the assets of the country only a moron wouldn't be concerned about them.

What's funny is all the dummies making $100-200k a year who think they are rich and think I am talking about them. That's funny.
"People buying off the government"? Good grief, you are talking about such an incredibly small group of people, it's laughable.

Using a number to define wealth is a pointless exercise, again showing what a dolt and a moron you are. There are a lot more factors that go into it; region of the country, urban or rural location, the list goes on. $100k-$200k is absolutely a big number if you're living in Willmar or Marshall, MN, you're one of the highest earners in town. In an urban environment, larger city, you probably need to be in the $500k-$1M household income ballpark to be what many could consider "rich".

"Rich" is a stupid term anyway, certainly not used by anyone I know. I've always thought the measure of success is, can you do what you want to do, are you able to do the things you want to do. You say you are happy raising your kids and living your life; by my definition you are doing pretty well and in that case, good for you. Your posting history is completely contrary to this comment but that's your deal I guess.

Wally

Reaction score
You continue to show what a fool you are, pretty much across the board.

I want all of my competitors to do well, almost across the board (with the possible exception of ones who I feel act unethically or have screwed us over on previous work). A rising tide lifts all boats, and honestly, I want all of my competitors to win more work and stay busy because it takes some of the focus off my firm winning too much work. They whine a lot less about our success when they get work themselves, so hell YES, I want my competition to do well, just not when I'm competing against them on a pursuit that I really want. I want more work to come out, more projects, spread the wealth, it's good for everyone.

You aren't to good at economics. That's religion you're spewing.

Spoofin

Reaction score
"People buying off the government"? Good grief, you are talking about such an incredibly small group of people, it's laughable.

Using a number to define wealth is a pointless exercise, again showing what a dolt and a moron you are. There are a lot more factors that go into it; region of the country, urban or rural location, the list goes on. $100k-$200k is absolutely a big number if you're living in Willmar or Marshall, MN, you're one of the highest earners in town. In an urban environment, larger city, you probably need to be in the $500k-$1M household income ballpark to be what many could consider "rich".

"Rich" is a stupid term anyway, certainly not used by anyone I know. I've always thought the measure of success is, can you do what you want to do, are you able to do the things you want to do. You say you are happy raising your kids and living your life; by my definition you are doing pretty well and in that case, good for you. Your posting history is completely contrary to this comment but that's your deal I guess.
Stop. Take a deep breath. Realize you are trying to talk about econmics with Wally. Decide what to do next.

Top Bottom