America’s Unequal Economic Recovery

kg21

Reaction score
Half of that lottery would go to taxes. As it should, and as it should for those that win the genetic lottery. That was easy...

I buy tickets occasionally, usually not for the big ones, I buy a Gopher5 when it hits $1million. $500k after taxes would be a perfect down payment on a lake house.

100+ million would probably ruin my life and kill me.
Why do you buy them? If you won, you'd be getting subsidized by the gov't.

Wally

Reaction score
Absolutely tighten up the border. Then use and/or adjust a LEGAL immigration system that responds to the type of labor the country requires and properly taxes that labor as happens to citizens and law abiding employers.

I thought you were a union guy through and through. Ever wonder what happened to all those union roofing jobs the past few decades?

I am also a realist, that they will never bring in a bunch of unskilled labor legally.

I support unionizing the illegals.

kg21

Reaction score
I am also a realist, that they will never bring in a bunch of unskilled labor legally.

I support unionizing the illegals.
How do unions help?

Wally

Reaction score
Why do you buy them? If you won, you'd be getting subsidized by the gov't.
Huh?
The lottery makes the government shitloads of money and they tax your winnings which nets them even more.

I don't feel bad buying a couple tickets because the money goes mostly to conservation.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Steve Rattner has a significant problem understanding the data that he thinks he's laying out for people. For the most part, a complete lack of awareness. Not sure why his twitter account isn't being banned for "spreading misinformation" by now?

Wally

Reaction score
Ever wonder what happened to all those union roofing jobs the past few decades?

I had two mexican guys, tear off and roof my house and garage for $2200 cash, I bought the materials. Nice...😯😯😯

kg21

Reaction score
Same way elections help.

Give you representation.
they take your monthly payment amount, and then do nothing for you. It's a great system.

Want to donate some of your money to me? I promise to represent.

kg21

Reaction score
I had two mexican guys, tear off and roof my house and garage for $2200 cash, I bought the materials. Nice...😯😯😯
Wait, NO UNION!

You have to be a bit.

Wally

Reaction score
they take your monthly payment amount, and then do nothing for you. It's a great system.

Want to donate some of your money to me? I promise to represent.
My pay package is about $62/hr.

Non Union and it would probably be half that.

I don't mind throwing them a few bucks.

kg21

Reaction score
My pay package is about $62/hr.

Non Union and it would probably be half that.

I don't mind throwing them a few bucks.
Why would it be half that?

kg21

Reaction score
Cash, I bet they reported that to the govt! LMAO

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Broke is surprised that Pelosi and Shumer are pushing to services for the poor and middle class to avoid making the 1% pay the same in taxes as everyone else. Continues to show just how clueless Broke is but the daily reminder is always entertaining. Broke getting played and abused daily by his beloved Dem legislators

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Why would you define economic success by pitting one class versus another?

What’s important is how “the middle class” is doing relative to it’s absolute wealth and standard of living 30 years ago, not relative to the most successful households.

Should the rest of the world attempt to take away America’s wealth b/c it’s excessive compared to poor countries. Do they have a right to equity versus the USA?

Inequity exists throughout mankind. What’s important is that a “rising tide raises all ships”, not that all ships be equal.

This is just communist idealism that pits the middle class versus another. The truth is that inequity exists in every society whether it’s wealth and/or power. But in the US, everyone has the opportunity to make a success of themselves however they define it.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Inequity exists throughout mankind. What’s important is that a “rising tide raises all ships”, not that all ships be equal.
Bingo. A rising tide lifts all boats. Such an easy concept and yet so hard for many to grasp. The constant fascination with what other people have is just baffling.

The desire to bring other people down rather than lift yourself up tells you ALL you need to know about a man. Everything.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Dan Price is a self promoter. Broke is all in.

kg21

Reaction score
Obama had 8 years to fix this, along with Dementia Guy.........they didn't touch it, nor did they care.

Why didn't they care? They worked for this 1% and had no interest in pissing them off.

Top Bottom