America’s Unequal Economic Recovery

Wally

Reaction score
Wait a second, I thought Obamacare fixed all that. Could it be that some people whose jobs don’t provide healthcare, like part-time jobs, choose not to buy Obamacare insurance?
No Obamacare is a shit Republican healthcare plan, better that nothing but its nothing special.

Only thing I love about Obamacare is that it totally boxed dumbass Republicans out of ever having a plan for healthcare. Why didn't we see Trump's plan, he talked like it was ready? What a f liar.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
No Obamacare is a shit Republican healthcare plan, better that nothing but its nothing special.

Only thing I love about Obamacare is that it totally boxed dumbass Republicans out of ever having a plan for healthcare. Why didn't we see Trump's plan, he talked like it was ready? What a f liar.
Obama and Biden “talk” about a lot of things that didn’t and won’t become law. I guess those are all lies.

There are lots of ideas that Republicans have for healthcare. They’ve been discussed here ad nauseam. Getting enough votes of agreement is significantly different.

Most Democrats support the mega-trillion dollar “human infrastructure” legislation. That doesn’t make it likely to become law. 😢

Wally

Reaction score
Obama and Biden “talk” about a lot of things that didn’t and won’t become law. I guess those are all lies.
Trump said he had a plan, was going to release it in 2 weeks. I never expected it to become law, I expected him to release what he said he had. Big difference...

Why is it every time some righty is lying thru their teeth they say its coming in 2 weeks?

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score
There are lots of ideas that Republicans have for healthcare. They’ve been discussed here ad nauseam. Getting enough votes of agreement is significantly different.

Please post some links to these detailed Republican healthcare plans.

Healthcare has been a discussion for 30 years, surely Republicans have some bills submitted.🤷🏼‍♂️

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Or maybe because millennials don’t want to work is the reason the graph looks that way. The ones that do are doing quite well.
The discussion is about the lack of low earning, service workers/mfg'ing workers/laborers.

So, you're saying the ones who are willing to work those ... are doing quite well? .... are you just a dumbass, or a liar?

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Or maybe because millennials don’t want to work is the reason the graph looks that way. The ones that do are doing quite well.
Broke's turned into a hardcore righty; constantly providing validation that the Dem policies are responsible for our wealth inequity and that it is most certainly NOT "unintended". Dems want to keep the low-middle class exactly where they are and keep them under their thumb as indentured voters. The power of owning the narrative distribution at work

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Dems want to keep the low-middle class exactly where they are and keep them under their thumb as indentured voters.
As opposed to Reps lying to them about being able to bootstrap themselves into the upper class if they simply "choose" to "work hard"? :ROFLMAO:

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Broke's turned into a hardcore righty; constantly providing validation that the Dem policies are responsible for our wealth inequity and that it is most certainly NOT "unintended". Dems want to keep the low-middle class exactly where they are and keep them under their thumb as indentured voters. The power of owning the narrative distribution at work

Spot on. But because Dems 'speak well' their believers will believe anything they say. This is why we are where we are. Scary and sad.

Wally

Reaction score
Getting rid of Right to Work Union busting laws is wanting inequality.

Republicans at every turn want to give businesses the power to fuck workers, that's the reality.

Go4Broke

Reaction score
Republicans at every turn want to give businesses the power to fuck workers, that's the reality.

Fucking workers has been great sport for Republicans since Ronnie Reagan fired over 11 thousand air traffic controllers in 1981.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Fucking workers has been great sport for Republicans since Ronnie Reagan fired over 11 thousand air traffic controllers in 1981.

And yet Democrat politicians have been lining the pockets of large democrat run businesses since the pandemic started, while fucking over small business owners and their employees.

Of course your not smart enough to see that.

kg21

Reaction score
As opposed to Reps lying to them about being able to bootstrap themselves into the upper class if they simply "choose" to "work hard"? :ROFLMAO:
It really ain't that hard to make in this country. But when everyone has to have 300 TV channels, a sparkling new phone, and eat out everyday......well, then things can get awfully tricky!

kg21

Reaction score
And yet Democrat politicians have been lining the pockets of large democrat run businesses since the pandemic started, while fucking over small business owners and their employees.

Dem politicians only care about the people. Haven't you heard?

Wally

Reaction score

Its just bad luck that lots of small businesses are bars and restaurants. 🤷🏼‍♂️

GopherJake

Reaction score
Its just bad luck that lots of small businesses are bars and restaurants. 🤷🏼‍♂️
The two bar/restaurants closest to my house - one a small franchise and the other independent - both received significant government assistance. They are both small businesses. Both had to close their bar/dining. Both are thriving today.

howeda7

Reaction score
Please post some links to these detailed Republican healthcare plans.

Healthcare has been a discussion for 30 years, surely Republicans have some bills submitted.🤷🏼‍♂️
Who needs bills? They have "ideas". Cover everyone. Cost Far Less. How? Um, we'll eliminate state lines. Yeah, that's it. How will we pay for it? Um..growth!

What a great idea!

Wally

Reaction score
The two bar/restaurants closest to my house - one a small franchise and the other independent - both received significant government assistance. They are both small businesses. Both had to close their bar/dining. Both are thriving today.
I have spent a shitload at my local establishments in the last year, easily double of any other year in my life. Taking my parents out to dinner next week and the reservation was a weeks pay. Better be good.😯

Spoofin

Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say "Jason" doesn't have a rockstar resume or experience and is upset things aren't handed to him.

What? Businesses want to hire the best candidate for the position? Outrages. Such a Victim.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
It’s far more than just bars and restaurants. Many businesses also accepted money that they didn’t need.

But hey, just keep printing money we don’t have. It will totally be fine in the long run.

Wally

Reaction score
It’s far more than just bars and restaurants. Many businesses also accepted money that they didn’t need.

But hey, just keep printing money we don’t have. It will totally be fine in the long run.
When PPP came out no one knew what was going to happen. It would have been stupid not to take the money.

GopherJake

Reaction score

I'm confused now. Which side of the argument are you on? Small business was screwed over or small business was given money they didn't need?

kg21

Reaction score
I have spent a shitload at my local establishments in the last year, easily double of any other year in my life. Taking my parents out to dinner next week and the reservation was a weeks pay. Better be good.😯
What day are you taking them out to dinner? It will be amazing how you post 15 times on GH while out to lunch with the parents. LMAO

FormerFatOL

Reaction score

1) The "Jason" guy's complaint has been voiced by every generation and is really just whining. Anyone who wants to work and has any skill level at all can find decent work.

2) This chart explains a lot of the wealth gap - timing. Fed policy has benefitted those holding assets for 4 decades.

fredgraph (1).png

Top Bottom