Amelia: Steps for freshmen, again.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Amelia:

Steps for freshmen, again. It might not be what everyone wants to read about in a loss like the one Saturday to a not-very-good team at home. But it’s true. Although the newcomers have plenty of obvious flaws – starting with Kevin Dorsey’s risk-taking, Dupree McBrayers’ shooting and Jordan Murphy’s head-slamming foul troubles – but on Saturday, there were again more signs of getting better for all three. Dorsey had probably his best stretch of the season in the first half, driving to the basket and hitting some huge shots. McBrayer had eight assists. Murphy continues to get more patient at the basket and impact the game in a big way when he can stay on the court. Even Ahmad Gilbert, out with a finger injury, is getting darn good at waving a towel. Small steps can be hard to see when a team is playing as poorly as Minnesota is, but these three represent a big piece of the Gophers’ future and growth, even in bad times, matters.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...phe-reflects-struggling-confidence/366337171/

Go Gophers!!

Steps for Amelia, too, I would say. This season is pushing her to develop her analytical skills.

Amelia's analysis is excellent and she cares about the team and the sport.

Really got a kick out of Gilbert dancing after the big plays by the Gophers.

Pace yourself Amelia, you have several weeks to stretch this out over.

I expect improvements over the course of the season if this team learn to stick together and never quit playing hard.

Pace yourself Amelia, you have several weeks to stretch this out over.
This will be a weekly bit and we can refer back to previous columns to make it a cut and paste column.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Amelia's analysis is excellent and she cares about the team and the sport.

It's funny to me how you can say this, and I can say that she is the worst beat writer I've ever seen. I am not saying either of us are wrong but it's funny that there is such a wide opinion on this, it's like we're reading different publications.

It's funny to me how you can say this, and I can say that she is the worst beat writer I've ever seen. I am not saying either of us are wrong but it's funny that there is such a wide opinion on this, it's like we're reading different publications.

Amelia is like next year's Gophers team. Her work looks spectacular relative to what preceded it.

Are you talking Myron? I even think she's worse than him.

I care less and less each year because the fishwrap on the other side of the river massively outperforms her beat and I am satisfied with that, I guess. Just comparing their twitter feeds makes that really obvious.

Top Bottom