Allen, Richardson stuff...

MRJ

Reaction score
Just read an article from St. Louis that said that Bryant Allen will make up his decision on Dec. 18 and that he will pick from between six schools, although the rumor mill over there says his ultimate choice will be either Minnesota or Kansas.

Also, Sheldon Richardson still lists the Gophers as a school that he's "interested" in, whatever that means. I still don't like our chances with him overall, but its good that he still lists us in his top four or five schools. He also said in article that he won't make up his mind until signing day.

So, I guess we can look for Allen to make up his mind tomorrow sometime.

Our guy over on the Jayhawk Slant, Jon Kirby, has it from a great source that Allen will pick between KU, Minn, and Mizzou tomorrow. KU OC Ed Warinner was in Allen's house once again today. Mizzou HC Gary Pinkle along with ass. Cornell Ford were visiting Allen this evening. That makes it three times in the last two weeks that KU has visited with Allen.. not counting his official visit on Sunday/ Monday. Just got word Brewster and two Minny assistants are visiting with Allen as we speak.

Our guy over on the Jayhawk Slant, Jon Kirby, has it from a great source that Allen will pick between KU, Minn, and Mizzou tomorrow. KU OC Ed Warinner was in Allen's house once again today. Mizzou HC Gary Pinkle along with ass. Cornell Ford were visiting Allen this evening. That makes it three times in the last two weeks that KU has visited with Allen.. not counting his official visit on Sunday/ Monday. Just got word Brewster and two Minny assistants are visiting with Allen as we speak.

Aside from Brew's visit tonight, a Gophers coach was down there last week too. All 3 teams have been putting the full court press on. This is going to be an interesting finish.

Lets do some predicting on this one!
% chance he will sign with:
Minn- 25%
Mizzou- 40%
KU- 35%

I hope I'm wrong and 25% chance isnt horrible but from what I've heard he really like J.Macklin and wants to be used like he is.

Wow, you're really going out on a limb there FiveStarFan - so your prediction is that any of the 3 expected leaders could get him? That's risky ;)

If we're going to predict, I'll go with Kansas because 2 of his 3 leaders are from near his home and they're the most recent visit. Of course, I hope he ends up Golden!

What position will Allen play? He seems small at 5'11" 155.

Think Allen is open to either side of the ball, but I think his preference would be at WR and also to return kicks. I have a feeling Mizzou maybe recruiting him more on the defensive side of the ball then either KU or Minnesota.

Still think this one is to close to call and will ultimately come down to KU or Minnesota. Something I've been told doesn't lend me to believe he will choose Mizzou.

Think Allen is open to either side of the ball, but I think his preference would be at WR and also to return kicks. I have a feeling Mizzou maybe recruiting him more on the defensive side of the ball then either KU or Minnesota.

Still think this one is to close to call and will ultimately come down to KU or Minnesota. Something I've been told doesn't lend me to believe he will choose Mizzou.

I agree. People over here that know Bryant were very confident about Minnesota vs. Mizzou when we thought it was down to those two teams (probably 70/30). When he took the official visit to Kansas it made the decision much more interesting and the question is whether Kansas has been able to overtake Minnesota in the last week. I feel confident about Brewster vs. Mangino (Brew managed to get the #17 class with a 1-11 record last year and Mangino brought in the #40 ranked class with an Orange Bowl berth). However, I have no idea what to think of Brewster/Smith vs. Mangino/Self because Bill Self is a great recruiter and it all depends on the priorities of Allen. Even though both teams have offered him the chance to walk on for basketball I have no idea what kind of sell job either bball coach gave. You also don't know if he is looking for a big role in basketball (he could probably have a bigger role at Minnesota) or if he just wants to continue to play and be a part of it. Heck, maybe he thinks he is good enough to be a major contributor at Kansas and maybe basketball is a bigger priority for him. There are so many variables it is hard to determine but I definitely think it is agree it is most likely Minnesota vs. Kansas.

Rumblings are he could be headed to Minnesota, but that's just here-say. Regardless the kid is a talent and any of the three programs would be so happy to have him. All three schools have put in an inordinary amount of time in the past few weeks on this kid.

Rumblings are he could be headed to Minnesota, but that's just here-say. Regardless the kid is a talent and any of the three programs would be so happy to have him. All three schools have put in an inordinary amount of time in the past few weeks on this kid.

You hearing that from the Mizzou fans?

Haha, partially Mizzou fans! Our main guru on the Jayahwk Slant, John Kirby, has a gut feeling it could be Minnesota as well.

Well he has two good football programs to choose from and one great and one up and coming basketball programs with two great coaches...what a great situation to be in :)

I think the basketball angle is being overplayed some, Alot of kids every year enter major college with the idea of playing FB and BB and very few ever end up following through, especially if your team goes to a bowl, you are basically joining BB during conference play. MN BB is not planning on ever seeing Allen step on to Williams Arena even if he does choose MN for Football but they are always willing to at least talk to a kid to help football out.

I think the basketball angle is being overplayed some, Alot of kids every year enter major college with the idea of playing FB and BB and very few ever end up following through, especially if your team goes to a bowl, you are basically joining BB during conference play. MN BB is not planning on ever seeing Allen step on to Williams Arena even if he does choose MN for Football but they are always willing to at least talk to a kid to help football out.

That may be true, but the initial decision is still motivated by playing both sports! We will have to see. If BB is a strong motivating factor, the is Tubby, the progress and the two recruiting classes enough to swing the vote MN way against the Kansas BB program?

Top Bottom