All-time Big Ten kick return yardage leader

metrolax

Reaction score
According to the Strib, Stoudemire was just a hop, skip and a jump from being the
All-time Big 10 leader in kick return yardage. 179 yards, I think. Someone feel free
to correct me....

It seems to me that a normal, thinking person would think that would be something
to stick it out for, a place in history. He'd be walking away from something fairly special,
I think.

Oh well....he'll be coming to a voting booth near one of us one day! LOL

Good and bad

Unfortunately, another way to look at that is, he's fielded a LOT of kickoffs in his time at MN, meaning teams have kicked off a LOT against the Rodents.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

They added five yards in 2007

there are now way more returned than in previous years because they moved kick-offs back five yards in 2007,

Plus a lot of return yards might mean that your team gave up a lot of scores, this allowing a lot of return attempts.

Obviously, guys...yes. But you're missing my point.

Kick returns is one way I used to earn my PT back in the day, and I liked the
chance to carry the ball several times a game- punt or KO. All I'm saying is that
if I knew I was closing in on something like this, I think I would find a way to
stick it out.

Not sayin'....just sayin.....

Your point seemed to have been that he should stay to get the record, rather than staying for playing time on special teams. There's playing time and then there is being the BMOC. For some people, it's not good enough to get a lot of playing time on both offense and special teams, their ego gets heavily involved.

But he's eventually not going to be the BMOC, college football ends. Unless your off to the NFL, you go on to be just a regular guy. Why squander a year, might it not be better to stick around for the rest of the year, get the max out of it, and transfer after the season if he really must?

I do know what you mean, I got most of my playing time in high school on the kickoff team. Get those psychos who will do anything for playing time on special teams.

Right on, RR. If he never plays football again, he seemingly has the chance to go out
with a Big 10 record if he sticks it out.

Special Teams Rock!

Top Bottom