All Things Trump vs the GOP

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
This should be an enjoyable thread over the next 4 years. I suspect true believers will back Trump to the end, and those who casually defended him to own the libs will regret it, but never admit it

It would have made more sense to post this back in 2015 when this began. It's been Trump vs the NeoCon wing of the GOP from the get-go. Trump vs Low Energy Jeb Bush. Trump vs Little Marco. The Koch Bros wouldn't even support Trump when he won the nomination. In fact 99% of all corporate campaign money went to Hillary Clinton. You think the NeoCon GOP wanted to lose their corporate gravy train? The NeoCon GOP & the left united in virtually every smear, foreign policy issue & attempted take down of Trump. This is nothing new.

Wally

Reaction score
Blackmail?? CRG pays $80k a pop for a "private weekend" where he gets to do the things purported there.

Why do you think he loves Costa Rica, the bars full of hookers...its legal.

I met a guy from Salt Lake City on the bus when I was there for a wedding. He invited me to eat breakfast at the hotel he stays at. His nickname there was Ocho, because one time he brought 8 girl's back to his room at once. ROTFLMAO. He said the hotel would even take the girls IDs to make sure they didn't rip you off.

I saw him on the flight home and he looked like death, must have hit it really hard...🤣

Last edited:

justthefacts

Reaction score
Will the Squad ever start a Biden thread ? Trump lost. It’s over. Yet here you are still with nothing better to do. Like a crack addict returning to his addiction, you’re still hear posting threads on Trump. No way this ends in 2 months or even 2 years. You’re hooked for good.

John Galt, meet Costa Rican Gopher

It would have made more sense to post this back in 2015 when this began. It's been Trump vs the NeoCon wing of the GOP from the get-go. Trump vs Low Energy Jeb Bush. Trump vs Little Marco. The Koch Bros wouldn't even support Trump when he won the nomination. In fact 99% of all corporate campaign money went to Hillary Clinton. You think the NeoCon GOP wanted to lose their corporate gravy train? The NeoCon GOP & the left united in virtually every smear, foreign policy issue & attempted take down of Trump. This is nothing new.

Enjoy the 2022 primaries

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Where/when/how has Trump ever done something that could even be misconstrued as "anti-corporate"?

Wally

Reaction score
Hate to break it to them but Trump is no Steve Bannon.

Trump really could be the gift that keeps on giving for the left.

Wally

Reaction score

Georgia is blue, now its time for all the Silicon valley transplants to flip Texas, then its game over and the right will have to reinvent itself. If they were smart they would do it now but I doubt thats possible. If they ditched Religion for a Libertarianism bent I could see supporting some candidates.

I myself lean towards Social Libertarianism.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Georgia is blue, now its time for all the Silicon valley transplants to flip Texas, then its game over and the right will have to reinvent itself. If they were smart they would do it now but I doubt thats possible. If they ditched Religion for a Libertarianism bent I could see supporting some candidates.

I myself lean towards Social Libertarianism.
I've been thinking this, too. Texas could turn permanently blue in the next several years.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Can't find it in print online (yet?), but heard on NPR this morning I believe it was Flynn saying that the future might not be a Republican or Democratic party, but a People's party.

Of course, that brand is already registered to a left-wing/progressive populist movement.

So they'll need to rebrand for their new right wing populist movement. CRG is onboard.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The tech giants flee to Texas, ostensibly to avoid California's high taxes.

What do you think: will they immediately begin screaming for more and better infrastructure, and an upgrade to Texas schools?
If they all move to the same suburb and build a bunch of upper middle-class huts there, they can bootstrap the local school district with lots of property taxes and thus new school buildings and higher wages for teachers.

Look at Eden Prairie and Plymouth (Wayzata district) for example.

stocker08

Reaction score
The tech giants flee to Texas, ostensibly to avoid California's high taxes.

What do you think: will they immediately begin screaming for more and better infrastructure, and an upgrade to Texas schools?

The rock biting repubs in Texas are not going to like the calls for better quality of life. Them folks down there like they schools not teaching no witchcraft like grammar and math.

justthefacts

Reaction score
The crime family thinks they've taken over the Republican Party (which of course explains why all three houses have been lost, of course). Have they?

iu

stocker08

Reaction score
The crime family thinks they've taken over the Republican Party (which of course explains why all three houses have been lost, of course). Have they?

I don't know what's more sad...."Donald Trump's Republican Party"....or Donald Jr. Think of what Trump could have done with a charismatic, intelligent son. Instead he's got Don Jr. who's clearly a complete moron.....and crayon eater Eric. Ivanka seems to be the only one with brains in that entire family....and even she has shown lapses of judgement by deciding to marry a deadeyed mannequin brought to life by black magic.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score

there is just so very much crazy going on there. He did get Hillary and Hunter in the conversation though. And approved of the harassment of Romney. And insists that Mike is going to get it done.

Top Bottom